Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
?? circular to flat in pattern

Posted by foggyj (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 15:16

I'm knitting a cowl/hoodie. I have done the cowl section in the round, now I have to stop knitting in the round, and knit the opening for the face, back and forth, not joining, My brain doesn't seem to able to figure this out. It's looks like it should be simple, but I'm not getting it!
Any help out there please?

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ?? circular to flat in pattern

It's a bit hard to tell without seeing the pattern, but you probably bind off the stitches for the front (or put them on a holder for adding trim later) and then keep working the remaining stitches back & forth.

Does that make sense?

Donna

o

Thanks. That's what I thought too, but the pattern says nothing about that. The pattern is : Burton Bear Cowl.
www.velvetacorn.com

o

When you get to the place where you were joining, instead of knitting in the next stitch, just turn your work around and purl back in the other direction, get to the end, turn, knit across again. If you have a stitch marker at the split point, it will make it easier to see for the first couple of rows. After that, you won't need it.

o

Thank you. That is what I thought I should do, but this yarn is Homespun, on #15 needles. It was hard to determine if it was working. After doing a few rows, I see an opening starting to happen. Yes I always mark the beginning of rounds.
Thanks for the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here