Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
star or round ripple afghan

Posted by darajo (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 1, 07 at 14:34

I had been browsing through this site (and numerous others) looking for the pattern for what I believed was called the White Star Afghan. While roaming, I came across a round ripple/star afghan that I've been searching to find again. As far as I can remember, it started with a flower in the center (probably a flower granny square), then had half granny squares added to make additional points and ended up the rest of the way looking like a standard star or round ripple afghan. I've spent hours and hours and days looking for the two patterns but especially the flower one. Has anyone come across this one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: star or round ripple afghan

Darajo, I think the white star you are talking about is the one I made. Copy and paste this address into your browser to find the thread where I posted it: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/knitting/msg1202135617243.html?12

Scroll down and you will see what I did for the scalloped edging.

I don't think I've seen one with the flower center you're asking about.

This is a link to the pattern I used:

Here is a link that might be useful: star afghan

o

Thanks, Donna. That is the white one I was looking for. I just hope I can get the edging right. Is there a different row in the body of the afghan or is that just where you had stopped for all that time and then picked it back up again?

Now, if I can only find the other pattern...

o

Darajo, if you're talking about the darker areas of the afghan, it's not a different row. I used pompadour for those sections. It is white yarn with a strand of shiny pearl white twisted in with the ply. It looks white when you look at the afghan, but for some reason it photographed a bit on the gray side. If you have any problems with the edging, yell, and maybe I can help. I'm interested to see if someone comes up with the other square you're talking about too.

o

Oh! I think I've found it quite by accident while surfing! It's lovely!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Ripple

o
duh!

You'd think I'd pay more attention. All I remembered was that it was round and had a flower. After I posted, I re-read and saw that you were talking about a round RIPPLE with a flower. Oh, well. I'm still excited that I found something new to try.

o

Here is another round ripple baby afghan

Here is a link that might be useful: round ripple afghan

o

Donna, your link no longer works - can you give me another link to your afghan?

o

Here you go:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/georgealfie/1whitestar.jpg

o
Let's try again

Maybe this will work:

Photobucket

o

that is absolutly beautiful great job

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here