Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chemo hats

Posted by flynflower (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 22, 09 at 14:27

Hi I was just dX with cancer and will need chemo and it is likely I will be losing the rest of my hair. I've lost a lot of hair already due to massive weight loss. I crochet and knit but am a beginner in knitting. I would like some pretty patterns for hats to wear to church and shopping. Do any of you have any patterns to share>?
I'm not real good, but I want to give it a try at least. I don't want to walk around bald, I'm not that brave.
Patricia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chemo hats

flynflower.. First of all you are in my prayers.. God Bless you .. here is a site that has some patterns for knitting and crocheting..
I hope they help.. and heck.. I think bald women are just awesome.. My sweet sister was bald.. and she was a beauty..
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/patterns.htm
Huggybear

o

Patricia you are in my prayers also! Send me your e-mail address at lkisser@comcast.net (First letter is an "L". I have some crochet Chemo hats and some are really cute!!
God Bless,
Leslie

o

Flynflower,

Please send me your address and I can mail you some crocheted hats. I make hats, for my cancer center and the hospital year round and I keep a lot in stock. I have different colors and styles, cotton yarn and acrylic. email me @...AVL228@hotmail.com
Thanks, Veljean

o

Hi Everyone, sorry I didn't come back right away, I was too sick and in the hospital getting treatment. I've been trying to crochet a pretty hat, but my eyes are hurting. I have a pattern I love, but I am having trouble with it. I think something must have been left out something in the translation. because it looks more like a dolie than a hat right now. lol. It's real pretty, lacy fan pattern and white for summer, cotton yarn. My email is flynflower@triad.rr.com
thank you for your support and your prayers.
Hugs Patricia

o
here is the pattern I used

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=108&d_id=26&lang=us

this is the hat I am trying to make , I wish I could get it done. I got as far as the first row of fans and got confused. I'm using Paton's Grace yarn in white . It's 100% mercerized cotton.

o
I love this pattern too

But I get so confused with their directions. This hat will be perfect for summer for me. I like the color too.
I think when they translate the norweigian into English something is lost. But I'm trying, just not getting very far.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chemo hat

o

Patricia'
Would you like me to crochet the hat for you?? I looked at it and would not have a problem with it at all. You can contact me at mama40@gmail.com. I would be happy to help and make several if you like this hat. Let me know, it would be my pleasure..
Marlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here