Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crochet ripple afghan pattern wanted

Posted by dllfb (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 08 at 12:31

I am looking for a ripple afghan pattern I made for someone a few years back. It had clusters of double crochets but was not hole-y. It looks quite like the Granny Ripple Afghan pic found on the pattern central site for afghans...but is not that one. Looks kind of aztec like that though. If anyone can help me with this request...I'd greatly appreciate it!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crochet ripple afghan pattern wanted

Try this: chain multiples of 23 as wide as you want the blanket to be then skip first 2 stitches, one dc in each of next 10 stitches, 3dc in next stitch, 1 dc in each of next 10 stitches, skip 2 stiches and repeat. For the next row, chain 3, skip next stitch, dc in next 9 then carry on with the pattern. If you want more (narrower) waves try 5dc/3dc/5dc skip 2 instead of 10dc/3dc/10dc skip 2.
It's one of my favorite patterns. I learned it from my Grandma. I've used it so many times I can make a blanket in the dark while I watch a movie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here