Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

Aunt Ella's Gloves

donna_loomis
16 years ago

After a couple of strokes, Aunt Ella's hands are always cold, even indoors. Mom told her about the fingerless gloves I made for her (for the same reason) and told her that I would make her some. Thanks for the confidence, Mom. Anyway, finished them up a couple of weeks ago and Mom took them with her when she took the train to Southern Cal to visit. Aunt Ella loves them. Just thought I'd share.

Comments (6)

• jannie
    16 years ago

That's a great photo! Can you share your pattern/instructions?

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I used Marnie MacLean's Hooray for Me Gloves pattern. Aunt Ella's hands are a bit larger than mine, so I added a couple of stitches per finger. Here is a link to the pattern:

Here is a link that might be useful: Gloves

• suebdoo
    16 years ago

donna, you sure did a beautiful job on the gloves.
    I'm certain Aunt Ella will love her new gloves!

Sue

• profsusan
    16 years ago

even the young have circulation problems - my daughter is 29 and her hands are always cold - hard at times to use the computer so when she visited for Xmas I made her some fingerless gloves also but crocheted...that she took home to San Diego! I made two pair - one more of a mitten type and the second the glove but I added the finger cover for the thumb since it's not used much for keyboarding except the space bar.

• sandra_ferguson
    16 years ago

I make mitts....generally out of sock weight wool....our daughter loves them. Here is the pattern, easier than knitting ones with fingers, albeit short ones...just make each one long enough to about reach the first joint.
    http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/pdf/CharmedFingerlessMitts.pdf

• tami_ohio
    16 years ago

Sandra, did you use the sock weight yarn for these mitts? I checked the Classic Elite web site for the yarn weight, and it says the Charmed yarn used in the pattern is worsted weight. Did they come out smaller using the sock yarn? I have plenty of both weights in my stash, but am wondering which you used. It looks in your post as though you use the sock weight as opposed to the worsted, so I am confused.

Tami

Sponsored
Town & Country Pools, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Discover the Best Pool Builder in Virginia, Maryland & DC!
More Discussions