Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Afghan Pattern

Posted by beinspired (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 17, 07 at 12:01

Hi: I'm not sure what to do at this point of the pattern. The directions read:

ROWS 6-11: Repeat Rows 4 and 5, 3 times.

Does this mean for row 6 I do row 4 & then 5 once, twice and a third time; row 7 I repeat rows 4 & 5 x 3 etc., for a total of 36 rows? Its seems like too many rows for the pattern.

OR does it mean do row 4 & 5 x 3 for a total of 6 rows? Size wise - this seems right, but why would they word it rows 6-11 and not just call it row 6?

This is a pattern from Leisure Arts called Serene. Its done on size 17 ciculars with two stands of yarn. Its basically a square pattern with 2 row in between squares. In the pic the squares look small to medium not large.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Afghan Pattern

2-17-07
Row 6 - Work Row 4
Row 7 - Work Row 5
Row 8 - Work Row 4
Row 9 - Work Row 5
Row 10 - Work Row 4
Row 11 - work Row 5
Which is Rows 6 -11 - Repeat Rows 4+5 = 3 times
Hope this helps and good luck.

o

Ditto

o

Ohhhhhh - now it makes sense. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

o

I have this pattern that I mostly know how to do but I would appreciate help with this part:

Row 1: Skip first 5 chs from hook and dc in next 2 chs, dc in fourth skipped ch and in next skipped ch, (skip next 2 chs, dc in next 2 chs, dc in first skipped ch and in next skipped ch) 5 times.

I skipped the first 5 chs and dc in the next 2 chs but am stuck after that. I just don't understand it.

o

Without seeing more of the pattern, I can't be sure, but it sounds like you are crossing your double crochets to make an X. Usually you will have either 2 or 3 chain at the beginning of a row of dc. In this case you have five, which leads me to believe that after the initial 2 dc you are expected to dc in the chains before the dc you just made, first into the fourth chain and then into the fifth.

If you could post a photo of the afghan you are making (the closer the look, the better), it would help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here