Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_ferguson_gw

square baby blanket pattern

sandra_ferguson
15 years ago

I hate to admit it, but I am officially loosing my mind! I found, if my memory is to be trusted at all, a knitting pattern for a baby blanket online....I do remember there was a picture that went with it, and the item was done in pink yarn. Anyway, it was square, and had what appeared to be, perhaps, yarn over increase, that went from each of the 4 corners to the center, making a little line of holes from each corner to the center. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I was sure I copy and pasted it to a folder, but canNOT find it.

Comments (15)

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Sandra, I know this isn't the specific pattern you are asking about, but it is a square, worked from the outside in. Maybe you can use this as your starting point.

Here is a link that might be useful: Retro Throw

• sandra_ferguson
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, so much, Donna....I very much appreciate the pattern. I'm going to make a copy and may use it if I can't get my memory 'back'....I really liked the pink one....the line of holes gave interest to a solid colored blanket. I thought I'd knit some lace to attach to the outer edges, but now am stymied as to where the HE** that pattern was! Isn't that maddening when it happens!

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

I've crocheted one similar to what you described I think I got the pattern on line but only have the directions. I can post them if you're interested in crocheting one. I love the pattern and am now using leftover yarn to make squares with this pattern.

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

I would be interested in seeing the instructions, if you don't mind.

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

I'll have them up by tomorrow

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

I'll be darned if I can find the pattern in my computer. I did print out the inst part of the pattern. this pattern was originally for two or three colors and the inst I have show the joining etc but to make it simple and since I have to type it I'll skip the colors (I never used them anyway just did one color or varigated)

Rnd 1: ch 6, sl st in first ch to form ring, ch 3, 2 dc in ring, ch 2, (3dc in ring, ch2) 3 times, join with sl st in top of first ch-3. (12 dc made)

Rnd 2 C3 3, *dc in each st across to next ch sp,(2dc,ch2,2dc) in ch sp, repeat from * around , join Note: after joining you should have 7 Dc on each side.
    Continue as before after each Rd is completed count the DCs between next round you should have 11 DC and going on each roundd increases by 4 I find it best to just take time and count it is easy to lose a DC along the way. 7,11,15,19 etc
    continue to however big you want it later I'll take a couple of photos the "line of holes" becomes evident as you go along.
    You might be able to convert this to knitting

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Thanks.

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

you're welcome donna I hope it helps and might just be what you are looking for.

• Janey - formerly jane2
    15 years ago

Perhaps a dishcloth pattern might help? I know there's a knitted cloth that looks very similar, but at 2:40 am I can't be trusted to find it.

• sandra_ferguson
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jane2, that's a good idea....I have a book on dishcloth patterns. I've actually made a bedsized blanket using the dishcloth idea (however knitted in moss stitch instead of garter)....

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

This is what the square Granny looks like (that's hat I named it
    this shows the diagonal "holes"

Here is a link that might be useful:

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

This is just the square made for as many rounds as I wanted.
    Sorry the photo isn't better I used a lovely varigated Red Heart yarn that was fun to use.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

When you look at the top of the grey square you can see where the end of the round is connected to the begining of the round it will straighten out as you continue. the next round would be a chain 3 up at that point then DC acros per the instructions so you see you don't start a round at the corner. I'm glad the photo shows it.

• calicokitty
    15 years ago

Sandra, could this be it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Isabelle's Circular Baby Blanket

• sandra_ferguson
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks calicokitty...I DO like the looks of this, although not the one I was searching for...I've given up on ever finding that other one, and I'll definitely make this one. I thought it strange that it's called a circular baby blanket, seeing as how it's as square as square can be! lol

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions