Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can I do with this yarn?

Posted by lyndapaz (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 10:52

Hello. I just found this forum. Love reading the old posts. Have a burning question. I have a large stash of yarn. Mostly wool and other natural fibers. In varying amounts. Most was inherited from my mother who was an avid spinner, knitter and crocheter. Some I've picked up at thrift shops when they were just too beautiful to pass by. None have labels. Any tips on finding projects. For instance, I picked up 3 skeins of beautiful wool. Looks like fingering or sock weight. How can I find a pattern (preferably free) that would work with this yarn? I'm a very experienced beginner knitter and crocheter. Meaning I've been doing it for years, even making up my own patterns, but have not mastered lace, or fancy stitches or even using more than one color at a time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can I do with this yarn?

If you haven't already, join Ravelry. It's a free online forum, but it's much more than that. You can do a pattern search and define your own particulars. Click on the type of yarn (fiber, weight, etc.), whether you want knit or crochet patterns, choose free or purchased patterns, and so on. It's an awesome tool. You can even choose the level of difficulty!

o

Wow! Thanks, Donna, for the advice. Sounds like just what I need. Can't wait to begin another project! Only have 3 or 4 going at the moment.

o

Donna is the person to ask on any knitting , ect projects. I've been on here and shared patters with her for yrs. .....she is the nicest and most helpful person here.
Hi Donna, Hope you are well. I have been knitting too. Glad to see you.

o

Hi Maggie! Thank you for the kind words. Good to know there are still some knitters hanging around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here