Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweets98

Just wanted to tell you ladies you were right :)

sweets98
17 years ago

I taught myself to crochet about three years ago now. I believe about two years ago or so, I came on here and was asking about making a scarf from a bunch of short pieces of yarn that I had cut for something else. I didn't want to waste the yarn but had no clue about how to join it. I was tying knots in the two pieces and working from there. Some of you told me this was not the right way to go and it would look terrible and I believe I got a little upset because I was working so hard.

Well, I just want to tell you ladies you were SO RIGHT :) I haven't used that scarf since that first winter because I've gotten so much better at it and hate the look of it! LOL I no longer tie knots in my work but do weave a few inches back in as suggested and it's working out wonderfully.

Since all of this, I have noticed that I have afghans that I got from family members or picked up at the TS (so many people get rid of beautiful baby afghans and it just sickens me because I know how much TIME went into them!) and a few of them have the knotted yarn pieces. Now I find myself secretly complaining about how they don't know how to properly crochet! LOL

Funny how a little time and experience changes us :) So I'm sorry for getting offended...you ladies were right..and thanks!

Comments (3)