Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quirkpod

list crochet pattern errors here

Lavoie Boho
18 years ago

Let's help each other thru the errors we find in patterns. Here's a list, and please feel free to contribute.

Caron Glimmer child's capelet and drawstring bag: missing asterisk in row 1 of capelet.

Sandy Marshall cape pattern from crochet.about.com leaves out major skip stitches in Row 3 & 5 edging. Row 7 edging left out a bracket before an asterisk. This advanced pattern does not offer an "experience level rating", but should say that it is for advanced crocheters. It is impossible to follow due to lack of illustration.

"Chanson en crochet" shawl by Pam Allen and Ann Budd, row 8 says to start with "ch2 (counts as 1dc and ch2)" but 1dc is irrelevant, since there are no dc's in this row or the next. Rows 14 thru 17 impossible due to lack of illustration and/or info. No experience level rating given. It's advanced. Mine came out gorgeous with my changes.

Lion Brand Yarn crochet flowers. I have a better version of the leaves, which tend to curl up in their version. Contact me.

Berets that end with a band that gets crocheted and then attached to the hat dont look as good as simply decreasing the last 3 rows. Contact me for details.

Lion Brand crochet pompom hat: the pompom instructions need editing. 3" cardboard too large which results in a 6" thick pompom! They tell us to only tie off at one end and cut the other. Should say "slip off of cardboard and tie a knot at center with a seperate piece of yarn. Cut ends."

That's enough for starters.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions