Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On the needle in February

Posted by vickey__mn (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 1, 11 at 7:12

First lets see how I did in January:
1. finish Felted purse for friends auction - DONE
2. Knit baby sweater for friend (need to find cute pattern) - may table...not close friend, and I get too ambitious some times
3. Start socks for DD#1 (Cookie A pattern "Devon") - these have been re-named the socks from H3LL! But they are ALMOST done..well done, but the cast on was too tight, so I have to take out a cast on (not fun), and re-bind off with Jennifer's super stretchy bind-off. BUT they did come out super cute!

So for February...
1. Monkey socks for a friend
2. "Unraveling Rib" socks for my sunday school helper.
two sets of socks in one month is VERY ambitious for me

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On the needle in February

A friend received an email at her school asking knitters to knit scarves for soldiers in Afghanistan.She doesn't knit so sent it to me.I'll do 3 or 4. Almost have finished the first one.Someone had sent a hand knit scarf to a soldier and he had told her everyone is his unit tried to take it away from him. I'm only too happy to do this project.

o

I just finished the last granny-type square for a baby afghan last night. Now I just need to sew them together and crochet the edging.

After that, I have a huge barely-started cross stitch picture that I need to get out again!

Donna

o

I have two pair of socks on the needles, and I am also working on an Adult Surprise Jacket for me. I hope I like it when it's done, I just started it and I'm going to eat up some of my stash by adding a color when I need to change yarn :)

o

I have finished and mailed a few baby gifts to a young mom with a new baby who is a friend with two of my kids. I made her 3 generous burp cloths, a pair of booties and a vest. But the big gift was a crocheted name baby blanket. I used the Caron Simply Soft ABC pattern and spelled out the baby's full name instead of doing the alphabet. It turns out really handsome, and is usually a smaller blanket, good for the cradle, stroller or buggy, and the car seat.

I also just finished another vest for my grandson and some fingerless mitts for homeless kids in San Francisco. I knit hats and now mitts for them all year and mail them off in December when they distribute them. Lucky me, my sister is learning to dye and spin yarn, so she gives me lots of her yarns to turn into hats for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here