Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Finding a Old Pattern?

Posted by shielda (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 26, 09 at 0:32

Can anyone help me find a old crochet pattern...It is for a shawl that has a waist band...My mother crocheted it for me years ago...This is a link below of pictures I took of mine...
We can't find the pattern
Click on the link, then on each picture to see it larger

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/09022521/a8icnwcylk/

Thanks for any help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Finding a Old Pattern?

Sorry, I am not of any help with finding the pattern, just wanted to say how pretty your shawl is.

Jane2 here (Janey on knitting blogs)

o

I've never seen a shawl like this. It looks like a waistband was made and then attached to the top I've made shawls (starting at the top and working toward the bottom) and think this might be how it was done. I did a google on the subjet and there are hundreds of sites out thee but didn't see anything like this at all if you find it let us know.

o
RE: shawls

This site looks interesting but time consuming maybe it is on here

Here is a link that might be useful: crocheted shawls - Google Search

o

Thanks for your help...I know mother has it somewhere at her house, but where is the problem...:) she crocheted it for me in the mid or late 70's...
shielda

o

Shielda, this is a beautiful shawl. If you ever do come across the pattern, I would love to have a copy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here