Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dollydolots

one piece hexagon afghan

dollydolots
18 years ago

Hi...

Could someone please help me find an afghan pattern that is one big hexagon.

I don't want the motif ones. I have been searching the net and have had no luck.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks so much

Dolly

Comments (9)

• debbeeanne
    18 years ago

Hmmm, I see what you mean about the patterns on the web. I may be wrong about this, because I really don't crochet, but couldn't you just make a hexagon and keep expanding the outside till you get it the size you want it? I saw a Granny Square afghan that was like this, but I don't know if it would work for a hexagon.

• profsusan
    18 years ago

I was also thinking you could continue making the hexagon larger as I think many of us have done with the granny square (I made one about 70inches years ago). If you use a basic hexagon pattern, size can be expanded as desired - I did this for some country type doilies. I would use a larger hook - probably a K. I am assuming you have instructions for a hexagon. If not, let me know and I can send you a basic hexagon. Of course there are fancy ones out there but then you will need to make adjustments if you want to make it bigger.

• dances_in_garden
    18 years ago

Start with this (see link). Once you reach the last row, continue on following those instructions. We would omit round 4 for now, because that is the finishing row.

So:

RND 3: Sl st into the next dc, next ch where you did a dc, then into the next ch3 sp. Ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc in same sp. Ch1. *3dc, ch2, 3dc in next ch 3 sp. Ch1. Rep from * around. Join w/slst to top of ch3.

Keep repeating that round, changing colours where you like. When you feel that it is big enough, then use a variation of row 4 (repeating parts as necessary until you go all the way across). Basically, single crochet in your double crochets and across your chains for a finishing edge. You could always use whatever edging you like instead.

The thing is, this leaves you with a hexagonal afghan, not a square one with a hexagon in the middle. That is what you are looking for, yes?

Here is a link that might be useful: Basic hexagon

• dollydolots
    Original Author
    18 years ago

This is the pattern I am looking for. Can anyone help please. I know I can extend a regular hex but this pattern I want to make for Twins my Niece is expecting in July or Aug.
    Any help would be appreciated. I tried to figure it out and did a total botchup.
    Dolly

• donna_loomis
    18 years ago

Dolly, that looks like an extremely easy pattern to duplicate. Please post or email me at mudpie@thegraphiczone.net a close up of the center (about the first 6 or 7 rows).

• dollydolots
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you Donna for all your help. I will be forever greatful.
    Dolly

• kittdmc
    16 years ago

Anyone have this pattern? :(

• stacey1362
    16 years ago

i think i ahve it ill look for it and let u know if i still have it

• donna_loomis
    16 years ago

I posted the pattern in this thread:

Here is a link that might be useful: the pattern

Sponsored