Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crochet pattern, please?

Posted by girlgroupgirl (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 31, 07 at 23:37

I do not crochet. I would like to crochet however, I do not.
On the web I've found a few nice sites with step by step photo instructions for various patterns for granny squares. I think I might be able to manage those.
However what I have not found is a circle in square pattern.
Very simple, just a giant dot in a larger square. Two colors.

I'd like to make a very mod afghan for the living room.

Does anyone know of such a pattern. Circle and Square searching for patterns isn't bringing up what I want. I did find patterns to make a circle, but being a beginner I need the square part all laid out for me too.

THANK YOU!

girlgroupgirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crochet pattern, please?

Hi girl. I have several round to square granny patterns. Send an email to me and I'll reply with some. I don't know how to send attachments with email through the forum.

o

here's a link to many different grannies that you may like
we can always count on Donna to have what we need!

Here is a link that might be useful: Grannies

o

What a great link, Susan! I've never been to that site before. Thanks.

o

This is an awsome site. Not only can you find tons of afghan squares but you can see them all without going to the link first.

Here is a link that might be useful: Digital Granny's Virtual Afghan

o

Wow! That's a great link too, Darajo. How come I never stumble on these great finds?

o

Here's a free pattern on Lion's site - if this is close to what you're looking for, there's no reason it couldn't be done in just two colors.
But I seem to recall seeing *exactly* what you've described somewhere - maybe in my books at home, or maybe when I was browsing through patterns at the store. It was circle-in-square, shown in purple and red, I think, and the colors alternated - red circle w/i purple square, then purple circle w/i red square, etc. It caught my eye because I liked the mod, graphic design. I'll look tonight and see if I have it at home.

Here is a link that might be useful: maybe this pattern?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here