Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with crossover and doing this stitch

Posted by sunshine98 (perkisun@sbcglobal.net) on
Mon, Jan 5, 09 at 22:44

15 years ago my Mother taught me to knit. I asked her to maked me a sample piece with her favorite stitches. So she made it and dictated the instructions to me. The years passed and now that I finally find the time to concentrate on my knitting I'm trying to make her a sweater using one of her stitches which she called the bubble stitch (NOT to be confused with the BOBBLE stitch) The BUBBLE stitches are all done at the same time one is knitting not one at a time. They look like fancy ribbing. There are columns of bubble stitches on one the right side of the ribbing and on the wrong side of the ribbing is plain ribbing. I wish I could post a picture of it so you could see but I don't know how to do that here. So If anyone thinks that they can help would you please email me?? My email addy is perkisun@sbcglobal.net
Also, if anyone can help me understand how to do a crossover I'd be very grateful thank-you. I can no longer ask my Mom since she now suffers from Alzheimers and doesn't remember that she used to knit. Thank-you for any help that you may provide.
Sincerely and respectfully,
Always a friend,
Nancy aka sunshine98

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with crossover and doing this stitch

I've posted a picture of the bubble stitch under Gallery. Thank-you!!!
Always a friend,
Nancy aka sunshine98

o

I found the instructions and a small pic to go with them, at this site...says the bubble stitch is also called the popcorn st....
http://books.google.com/books?id=CfbiIcoTz6YC&pg=PA87&lpg=PA87&dq=%22bubble+stitch%22++%2Bknit+%2Binstructions&source=web&ots=4FlHOaT0Do&sig=kOoRt_B4kVX2GDOz_vfLPUbJoLw&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=8&ct=result

Crossover isn't a knitting term I'm familiar with, so what do you mean by 'crossover'? Have you done a google search, to see if you can find it?

o

I wonder if a cross over is this stitch I have done recently.

Knit into the 2nd stitch from the end of your knitting needle but do not pull it off the needle. Now knit into the 1st stich on your left hand needle and pull both stitches off the left hand needle. It makes a tiny cable.

o

It looks like a tiny cable stitch to me. Nancy, do you still have her sample and the instructions she dictated to you? Probably not since you are asking for help, but I was hoping!

Try Sheilajoyce's in a test swatch. Cast on about 30 sts and see if it looks right.

Tami

o
RE: look at this

Check this link with a close up and see if it's what you are looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: crossover neck warmer

o

Sunshine98, I sent you an email

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here