Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loom Knitting

Posted by groomingal (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 17, 08 at 22:05

I was wondering if anyone here knits using a loom? As I was browsing the 90% off section of Hobby Lobby I came across several looms. I purchased a blue round one and a wooden oblongish shaped one.
Mind you I have no clue how to knit- I tried once many years ago and failed miserably. I now have severe carpal tunnel and am unable to hold things for very long. This means NO needle projects- so giving up the loom and using needles is out of the question.
I tried out the loom and figured out the "e" stitch- I LOVE IT!! It has turned out to be so much fun and easy on my hands. Can any other knitters that use looms recommend some sites for basic beginner (aka I know zilch about knitting) sites? How about best sizes of looms to use (as I understand it is the color you go by?)- yarn selection, etc.

I greatly appreciate any help other loom users can recommend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loom Knitting

I have the looms but they frustrate me as I tend to be a loose loomer and that drives me batty! LOL!

You might find some good resources here! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bev's Country Cottage - Loom page

o

Thank you so much- I think I will try one of the purses they showed. I have made an afghan, 2 hats, and 2 scarves since my last login. I am in love with looming!!! I posted an ad for our area to see if there is a looming or knitting group. I think it would help me tremendously to learn from others that knit.
I would like to start more advanced projects- but I think I need to find an experienced knitter to learn from first.

o

I never knitted before until last year my mom got me the long purple loom. I made a afghan in no time it was so easy and fast. Now i got the round ones and have been knitting just about everyday. I love them. Here's a group just for loomers that i think you will like. This site wouldn't let me put the link on here for you. Google knifty knitterlooms group and check it out. Brenda

o

I have been doing this for about a year and I too LOVE it. If you do a search for loom knitting you will find a lot, but you also need to go to YouTube and watch those videos, they are really helpful. Check this site out too, great.

http://decoraccentsinc.com/looming_instructions.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here