Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a crochet afghan pattern

Posted by gakernil (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 14, 12 at 21:06

years ago, Family Circle and Woman's Day used to put out an issue about in October or November with 6-8 pages of gifts to make for Christmas. I am looking for a granny square pattern from one of these magazines, it was granny square, multiple colors and rows of white or off white that kinda was indented not the pattern stitch. seems to me there were a couple of kids pictured with this afghan. have it in my minds eye, it is just not in my pattern collection! anyone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a crochet afghan pattern

That's not much to go on. Without the year it was published it would be hard to run a search. The link I'm posting is not a Family Circle or Woman's Day magazine. It's just the pattern that came to me from your description. Maybe you could check out the photo and give me a better description of what you're looking for. I'd like to help.

Here is a link that might be useful: sort of granny square afghan

o

have the afghan pattern you sent, thank you but not what i am looking for. this was a traditional granny square, in one square, looked to be a varigated yarn but between every round, there was a white or off white row, not consistant with the granny pattern stitch, maybe a single crochet around and then the varigated started again. the white or off white row looked just about indented. hard to explain, i have looked thru my patterns and it is not hear, have internet searched also. thanks for any help.

o

think i have come up with a pattern that is as close to what i am looking for that i am going to find.

Here is a link that might be useful: city squares throw

o

Ah, now I think I have an idea of what you are looking for. I have a book called "Our Best Baby Afghans" put out by Leisure Arts and the afghan on the cover looks to be similar to the City Squares Throw.

Here is a link that might be useful: Afghan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here