Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aleksandraa_gw

elongated stitch edge looks funny

aleksandraa
16 years ago

Hi,

Im trying to make a scarf usuing an elongated stitch (first two rows knit then next row k1, (yo 3 times, k1) across. After that it says for the next row to k1, (drop the 3 yo's off the needle, K1). I followed the pattern exactly and keep winding up with one edege that looks fine(like the body of the dropped stitches) but the other edge looks kind of like it's braided. No matter how many times I ripped it up started over, played with knitting the first stitch or yo the first stitch I still get a similar look. Any ideas of what Im doing wrong? Any sugesstions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Aleksandra

Comments (5)

• tami_ohio
    16 years ago

Aleksandra, I don't exactly know what you are doing wrong, but it almost seems like you are missing a stitch on the edge. Like they didn't include a st in the instructions. I have a similar pattern for a mobius that I haven't worked on in ages, not sure where the pattern is, but I looked at the knitted piece, and my edges are the same on both sides. on mine, there is definitly more that just K1 at the edge before the yo 3 times k1.

Try giving us a little bit more of the pattern, like at least the next row.

Tami

• aleksandraa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Tami,

There's not much to this one but here it goes:

cast on 15 sts.
    Rows 1-3: knit across
    Row 4:K1, (YO 3 times, K1) across
    Row 5:K1, (drop the 3 YO;s off the needle, K1) across: 15 sts.
    Rows 6&7 knit across.
    Repeat rows 4-7, bind off all sts.

I've tried working it by k1, slipping it and doing a yo for the first one all with similar results where the one edge looks kind of braided and the other one looks like its supposed to. Im out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Aleks

• tami_ohio
    16 years ago

I'll have to try knitting it to see what it looks like. It's 10:15 pm, so it will have to wait. Will try tomorrow.

tami

• tami_ohio
    16 years ago

Well, Aleks, I've played with it, too, and I have no clue!

Hopefully, someone else will check in and know how to help you.

Eami

• aleksandraa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Tami,

Wow, you mean yours twist on the edge too? I've been playing and playing and am just about to give up. I found Amy's scarf pattern on here using the elongated stitch as well and I'm getting the same thing. Im dissapointed becasue I bought some pretty ribbon yarn and was so excited about making a pretty scarf for one of my freinds. I could pick another pattern but I thought that this pattern would look so good with the yarn. Thank you so much for trying to figure this out with me, I truly appreciate it. I was conviced that I was really doing something wrong. It just doesn't make any sense to me becasue the pattern is so simple and its the same for both ends so why it twists one end end is a mystery. Maybe someone will have a fix, maybe its just a matter of adding another type of stitch to one side.... I don't know.

Thanks again,

Aleks

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals
More Discussions