Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cute juvenile buttons????

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 18, 08 at 18:28

I like to make baby sweaters, but it seems I am finding fewer of the smaller cute buttons out there. I prefer buttons with a shank, or neck, as they accommodate the thickness of knitted buttonholes best. Moreover, sometimes I have spent more on the buttons than on the yarn, which seems out of whack.

We have a WalMart for a limited choice of buttons. JoAnns is further away and I need to look there, and then we have a Tall Mouse craft store which has a few, mostly too big for baby sweaters.

Is there an online site for unique and inexpensive buttons?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cute juvenile buttons????

I don't know about online but have you tried Hobby Lobby or Michael's they have cute buttons most of the time.

o

Sheila, I have ordered from Home Sew's catalog several times, and they do have a website. I think you'll find that they have some very nice buttons, and the shanks you're looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Buttons

o

We do not have Hobby Lobby, and our various Michael's do not carry buttons--or fabric either.

Thanks, Donna. Will look. The retail button supplies seem to have really dried up around here. I used to get really cute and inexpensive ones at WalMart.

o

have you looked at the mj trimmings site? they have adorable buttons that you never see at walmart or joann's, take a look!

http://www.mjtrim.com/Catalog/Category/423.aspx

o

You can find really cute and inexpensive ones at Walmart called Favorite Finding. They are on a spinner in the fabric part of the store. Joann's and Michaels carries Jesse James buttons, but for the most part they are for scrapbooking. Favorite Findings has a website also:Favoritefindsings.com but you will have to buy in bulk. Hope this helps you out!! Happy button hunting :)

o

Hey SheilaJoyce,

My mom and I started a website selling her 'unique and inexpensive' buttons. They are custom made, one-of-a-kind glass and stone buttons. What I have put on the website so far is only a fraction of her inventory (she's been making these for years), but I am adding more daily. My mom can also customize a set of buttons to any size/shape/design you would like. Visit the website, www.greenbeanglassandstone.com, or just click on the link below and check out the glass buttons category and the stone buttons category. Her buttons sound like just what you're looking for. Let me know what you think! I'll check back on this posting, or you can email me at casey.denhaag@gmail.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.greenbeanglassandstone.com

o
RE: Cute juvenile buttons???? Web Link Correction!!!

Hi SheilaJoyce,

I don't think the link on my previous post will work, but you should be able to get to our website on the link below. Also, you can just enter www.greenbeanglassandstone.com in your web browser and it should take you right to our website. Let me know if you have any problems getting there. Hope you find what you're looking for!

Here is a link that might be useful: www.greenbeanglassandstone.com

o

Sheila,
Try www.buttondrawer.com. They have a large selection. I agree that it is difficult to find cute ones in the stores, but there are a lot of websites that sell buttons. Just google "buttons" or "childrens buttons." Good luck!

o

Thanks for posting this, the resources are wonderful! I may have some buttons I can send you. A lady friend at church told me that she has a large collection of buttons she would give me if I wanted it. Email me to discuss. Robin in NC

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here