Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ella Shawl

Posted by callagain (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 4, 07 at 18:11

Does anyone have experience with the Ella Shawl from Knitty? I have run into problems in section 2 with not having enough stitches left to complete the repeats and I am trying to determine if it's me or if the repeats don't repeat out completely. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ella Shawl

I haven't made this shawl but I took a look at the pattern. Did you count to see if you had the correct number of stitches at the end of section 1? If not, check the following: in Section 1, the shawl increases by 2 stitches every row except in rows 13 and 24 where you do a double yarnover (YO2) and those rows increase by 4 stitches each. You can check if you did this - the double YOs will be larger than single YOs. You could also could have missed YOs at the beginning and end of some rows. The edges should have a line of YOs running evenly along it 2 stitches in. If you frog back, you may want to count your stitches at the end of every row to make sure if you have the right number before starting the next row. Good luck.

o
RE: Ella Shawl

Forgot to mention that you can frog/tink back one row at a time and check your stitch count against the counts given at the ends of each row in the pattern in section 1, if you don't want to frog the whole thing. It's more tedious than starting from scratch but this way you might be able to spot where you went wrong and avoid the same problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here