Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmush_gw

Searching for Columbia Minerva Christmas Stocking pattern

lmush
14 years ago

I am looking for a Columbia Minerva Santa Claus Christmas stocking pattern Article No 2690. My mom bought it in 1959-60. She knit stockings for 6 children & their 6 spouses, & 14 grandchildren so far! The pattern is so worn & hard to read and she needs to knit more stockings! Any information would be very helpful!!

Thanks, Laura

Comments (27)

• Vickey__MN
    14 years ago

Ebay had it listed here, maybe you could contact the seller?

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay link

• justlinda
    14 years ago

Yikes...did that pattern go for $105.56??? I must be totally out of touch with what old patterns are worth.

• lmush
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That is it!!!!I emailed it to my mom & she couldn't believe it. Now, if I could only find a copy of the pattern...

• jjknitter
    14 years ago

Hard to find the pattern you are looking for since there
    are many designs for Christmas Stockings. If you could
    describe the design on stocking that should help us search
    better.
    I found this pattern at:
    http://www.freevintageknitting.com/christmas.html

• lmush
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't know how to post a picture on here but there is a picture a few posts up in the ebay link

• shaddy101
    14 years ago

If you haven't received that pattern yet, go to (my page) and send me an email.

• greeeenmonster
    12 years ago

I have the written instructions and cover art for this pattern, but am missing the chart. I inherited it from my husband's grandmother. Is there any chance I could get the chart from you if you have obtained it? Also, I would be willing to share the written instructions I do have with you if you still need it! Let me know, and thanks!

• shaddy101
    12 years ago

Again, go to (MY Page) as listed next to my name, and email me, will do what I can to help.

• colleenoz
    11 years ago

OMG!!!!!!! That's MY stocking! I was an adopted baby and a nurse in the hospital I was adopted from would spend the quiet time on her night shifts knitting this stocking to give away to adoptive babies with their name knitted in the top band (or so my Mom told me). I think she felt that babies being given away had had a rough start already so she was making up for it in her own small way. I've treasured that stocking and still have it over 50 years later :-)
    If you are able to share the pattern I'd love to have it.

• bklessig
    11 years ago

I am also looking for the rest of this pattern. Here is a picture of what I have. Any ideas on how to get the rest of the pattern?

• colleenoz
    11 years ago

Just been reading that if the original publication does not include a copyright notice, or if copyright was not renewed in 1964, it has passed into the public domain.

• shaddy101
    11 years ago

Go to (my page) after my name in the posting,click on it and will take you to where you can write to me privately, will do my best to help you.
    Shaddy

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding
    11 years ago

colleenoz - You are incorrect. Copyright protection is life plus 70 years. Additionally copyright protection is granted to the designer/originator REGARDLESS of whether or not a copyright notice is posted with the material

• colleenoz
    11 years ago

aliceinwonderland- that's now. However, from the Stanford University website:

>>As a general rule, most works enter the public domain because of old age. This includes any work published in the United States before 1923 or works published before 1964 for which copyrights were not renewed. (Renewal was a requirement for works published before 1978.) A smaller group of works fell into the public domain because they were published without a copyright notice, which was necessary for works published in the United States before March 1, 1989. Some works are in the public domain because the owner has indicated a desire to give them to the public without copyright protection. As discussed throughout this chapter, the rules establishing the public domain status for each of these types of works are different. and

>>Thousands of works published in the United States before 1964 fell into the public domain because the copyright was not renewed in time under the law in effect then. If a work was first published before 1964, the owner had to file a renewal with the Copyright Office during the 28th year after publication. No renewal meant a loss of copyright.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stanford U Fair Use overview

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding
    11 years ago

Sorry, I missed the renewal info. So I guess you just need to find out if this one was renewed.

• knitgal
    9 years ago

I am searching for a copy of the color picture for Columbia Minerva kni christmas stocking pattern. Would anyone that has this be kind enough to email it to me?

thank you in advance

it it Columbia Minerva article no. 2730 St Nick

• grandmamary_ga
    9 years ago

My sisters made this stocking for their families.
    Mary

• Chenschen
    9 years ago

Can anyone knit me this stocking... Knittychic???

• PrincessPeapod
    9 years ago

Was anyone successful in locating this pattern or determining if it could be copied? Three generations of my family have this stocking, and I would like to carry on the tradition. There are a few for sale on eBay, but they are the king size version. I would love, love, love the pattern for the regular size.

• Cath Artwick
    8 years ago

i am also looking for the st. nick christmas stocking article 2730, if anyone find it, can you please let me know...thanks!

• colleenoz
    8 years ago

Google Columbia Minerva patterns. There's someone who sells reproductions of these online and they're not terribly expensive. There are about four of the Columbia Minerva patterns, one the one pictured above, another of Santa going down the chimney, and iirc two others of a whole Santa with different background things.

• rosellaelting
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I need this pattern. I have a copy of the original pattern but it's marked up. Pattern #2690

• colleenoz
    6 years ago

Try Annie’s Woollens website. Pretty sure they have it.

• cynthiastaylor
    5 years ago

Try this website-

www.westhavenmarket.etsy.com

She has Christmas stocking patterns, kits, and can also knit them for you.

• HU-27834249
    5 years ago

I have the pattern you are looking for 2690. I also have 2730 that a few other folks are looking for. Feel free to email me and I will help you out.

• HU-626544716
    9 months ago

Could you please also send to me? I am also trying to continue the tradition my Grandmother started making these stockings (#2690) for my Grandchildren.

Thank you!

Sponsored
More Discussions