Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patetc

Looking for Pattern for 2-needle Fingerless Mittens/Gloves

patetc
15 years ago

I have searched the web for a pattern for knitted 2-needle fingerless gloves but haven't found any. I don't like using 4 needles. I want something plain, not fancy, to wear in the house because my hands get so cold, especially when knitting or computing. Garter stitch would be good but stockinette is fine too.

Can anyone help?

Pat

Comments (9)

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

I think I have just the pattern for you. I've made several pair of these for my mother and aunts. Old hands are cold hands.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2-Needle Fingerless Gloves

• patetc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you.

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Ooooh, thanks for posting that Donna. But young hands are cold hands, too! If 39 is still considered young :(

• jdoe1_cox_net
    15 years ago

Like you, I dislike using dp needles. Too slow and awkward for me. I found a pattern for fingerless gloves using dp needles and I adapted it to two needles. It's very easy and fast. Only a couple of hours to make a pair. I hope it works for you. I have a picture, but I don't know how to post it. Here's the pattern anyway.

FINGERLESS GLOVES KNITTED ON TWO NEEDLES
    Materials:
    1 sk. Sport weight yarn of your choice
    1 pr. US #7 needles
    Tapestry needle
    Stitch Markers

1. Cast on 30 stitches.
    2. Knit in K2, P2 ribbing for 8 rows.
    3. Knit in St St for 20 rows.
    4. K 14 st, place marker. Inc in each of next 2 st, place marker. (there should be 4 st between markers). Knit 14 st to end of row.
    5. Purl next row.
    6. K 14 st. Slip marker. K 1, inc in each of next 2 st, K 1, slip marker (6 st between markers). K 14 to end of row.
    7. Purl next row.
    8. K 14 st, slip marker, K 2 sts, inc in each of next 2 st, K 2, sl marker (8 st between markers). K 14 to end of row.
    9. Purl next row.

1. K 14 st, slip marker, K 3 sts, inc. in each of next 2 st, K 3 (10 st between markers, sl marker. K 14 to end of row.
    2. Purl next row.
    3. K 14 st, remove marker, bind off all 10 st between markers remove marker, K 14 st. You should have a total of 28 st. on needle.
    4. Purl next row, making sure to pull the 2 stitches on either side of the bound off stitches together. Just treat it like a regular purl row. This creates a "pooch" in the work that will accommodate the thumb when complete.
    5. Knit in K2, P2 ribbing for 8 rows.
    6. Bind off in K2, P2 ribbing. Leave an 18" piece of yarn hanging.
    7. Thread tapestry needle with the 18" piece of yarn you left hanging and sew up the side seam, which is opposite the thumb opening.
    8. Repeat for second glove.

If you'd like the picture, please email me and I'll send you a pic by return email.

• Vikki Nicholson
    5 years ago

looking for cabledfigerlessgloves pattern done on 2 needles. plz and ty

• colleenoz
    5 years ago

Just insert as many cable panels as you like into the above pattern.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    5 years ago

Vikki, look at the patterns section on the Ravelry.com site. You have to register, but it is a great resource for advice and patterns that are for sale or free. I found some free ones with cables on that site a few years ago.

• Elizabeth
    5 years ago

Adding cables to a plain mitten pattern will make it more narrow. If you are using the above pattern, add more stitches after the ribbing to adjust.

I also recommend ravelry.com !