Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need ideas for using the Clover Wonder Knitter

Posted by quirkpod (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 17, 08 at 14:40

Anyone else using one of these small looms to make drawstrings? THat's what I bought it for and it is wonderful! It will make terrific handles for the next drawstring purses I want to make. My drawstring was made using the 3-prong attachment and worsted yarn. It came out perfect, despite instructions that were very poorly illustrated (I refused to let that stop me). I threaded the finished drawstring thru a casing around the neck of a knitted short poncho-type capelet I just made (my first knit project) and tied it in a bow in front. Very sweet! I am thinking children would love using one. The loom did not come with any patterns, and so far no one on this forum has mentioned this terrific little loom. It's so small, the loom can fit in a coat pocket. Very portable! Please post your ideas for using the loom to make stuffed animals and beaded jewelry, as shown on the package, and everything else we can come up with.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need ideas for using the Clover Wonder Knitter

Here is a photo of the finished knit shawl. The drawstring is in the neck casing. Hope u can see it. PS: I crocheted the gloves.

Here is a link that might be useful: photo

o

I got one of these for my 6.5 yr old and she is madly in love with it! she is going to make a really really long string and then she wants me to sew it up in a circle and make a rug or blanket out of it! LOL! When she finishes her rug/blanket thing she wants to make a butterfly for her sister!

I never thought of using it for drawstrings or felted handles! (oh oh..... better hide it! LOL!)

o

I also am looking for patterns and things to use for the
strings you can make with my Wonder Knitter

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here