Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with squares

Posted by emeraldjayne62 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 17, 09 at 14:38

Calling all you crafter's out there, I'm working on a afghan for cancer awareness for the uninsured.this will not be sold or given away it will be there trade mark to say.Its called (The afghan of Hope) (A time to remember) its for your or someone you know that has passed from cancer or who has cancer. The squares are being done by me are granny squares, and in each color of all the ribbons.I did white ones for me with pink ribbons in them I have done 6 white and 1 pink,anybody who would like to donate a square in someones name please do.Please add the name, what cancer they have or had so this can go in the book with the rest. this is an on going afghan so there's no limit to how many squares there are, It can be done in any form me granny's my best for me then I add the different color ribbon, now my next one is for my dads cancer,and my friend,some of the cancer do not have a color to them so go as close to it as you can,like (throat cancer], I went with head and neck, and so on . thanks for the help to those who already sent me a square its going to be at the relay for life in April .will keep all posted and show pic when its together a little more.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with squares

ok come on I know there are crafters out there that would like to help so lets do it for the ones that can't help them self please and I love to see squares from all over the place it will be fun keeping track of were thy come from and for who you are sending them for. I've got 20 so far orange,pink, black, purple, and there all in the name of someone who has or had cancer

o

ok jayne--- my brother-in-law passed away from lymphoma 2 years this feb... if you can tell me what color i need, i will glady send it, in his memory...ok...will you show us a picture of the finished blanket???? that is an awesome idea....good for you....lois

o

mamalo3 Tks for getting back with me on this the color is lime green. and yes I will show all of it as its being done and as I work on it.and don't forget the name of the person its for so it can go in the book thks jane

o

jane is it diffinetly lime green....then that's what i will send.....how many do you need....let me know thanks -- lois

o

mamalo3!!!! As many as you would like to make, and please pass it on to your friends and other crafters. I would love to see squares from around the world and the more the marrier thks again jane and yes lime green is your color, I have a list of all the colors if you need to know anything else

o

jayne,where will i send them when they are done....and is there a dead-line..since lime-green is not a color i have on hand....(lol)...let me know..ok....lois

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here