Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judyhinman

I'm new

judyhinman
12 years ago

I am new to this forum and would like to know if there is a way that I can get an email every day letting me know what new topics have been posted and to direct me to this page.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Judy

Comments (9)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

This website doesn't do that. You just need to bookmark it or save it in favorites.

If you check the dates on the posts, you will notice that there isn't a whole lot of activity here, some people respond to posts that are 3-4 years old and wonder why they don't get an answer.

Have you looked at Ravelry.com?

-Babka

• foggyj
    12 years ago

It's too bad that more people don't use this forum for exchange of information. It used to be more active. You can type a post, and hope that good folks like babka, or Donna, will come and respond. Just keep checking.
    Welcome.

• jjknitter
    12 years ago

There is a site that has a newsletter and if you sign up
    (free) you will receive it every day.
    Has different sections like asking craft questions, getting
    help and lots more.
    The site is called "Knitting Paradise"
    at: http://www.knittingparadise.com/
    Hope you enjoy it like me.

• socks
    12 years ago

As Babka said, definitely check out ravelry.com. It is an incredible resource where you can get help with any knitting problems or questions, look at yarns, etc. You join, it costs nothing and they don't bother you with emails. This is a nice forum, but Ravelry has thousands of members and topics.

• judyhinman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have gone to Ravelry and can not find a group. Is there a special place to go where you can find the group?
    Thanks.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

You need to join (it is free). Go to Forums or Groups. Which Group are you looking for? I know that at first it is overwhelming, but poke around the website and I know you will find what you are looking for. ;-)

-Babka

• socks
    12 years ago

Did you join? You must join to see the groups.

Don't be overwhelmed, just know that there is a lot there and you will learn it over time. There must be hundreds of groups, and I'm sure you will find one or more you like. If you are looking for a group which will email you, I doubt it is there. There are new topice introduced in the groups every hour. It is a very active site where you can learn and share.

• tami_ohio
    12 years ago

What jjknitter said! You will get a daily "digest" email, which takes you to the most recent topics for the day.

I think this site has slowed down a lot. For a while, most posts were just asking for patterns. Plus, a lot of us were too busy with Christmas knitting/crocheting, and got burned out on it, needing to take a break. It will pick up again. It goes like this every so often.

Tami

• gabriell_gw
    12 years ago

I discovered Knitting Paradise last fall and I can assure that I learn at least one new thing every day.I read topics that really are not of interest and end up with a hint I can use.