Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Busse yarn question

Posted by vickster (vecpotager@aol.com) on
Thu, Jan 31, 08 at 12:32

I inherited 10 skeins of Busse wool yarn with a silk blend. The donor enclosed the Anna magazine in the box. However, these patterns are outdated and I would like to know if anyone can recommend a magazine or book for this particular yarn. The label states it is in german "Seide & Wolle" 65% virgin wool and 35% silk silk 50 gr. The only pattern in this magazine is for a Polo-style sweater but I have one quite similar. I would like to make a pullove. Can you help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Busse yarn question

Why can't you make any sweater you want, using this yarn....? I'm not familiar with it, but is there something special about it that would prevent it from being used in certain sweaters, etc?

o
RE: Busse yarn question

Not that I know of. Sometimes folks have patterns designed for specific yarns; e.g. silk and wool combination in the Anna magazine calls for knitting needles 3 for the ribbing and size 6 for the body in this particular pattern which is plain knit and pearl squares almost resembling a basketweave pattern. I have a cardigan which is practically the same. The reason for this post is that I have not seen any in a knitting magazine recently. I checked Vogue while at A.C. Moore the other day and no patterns were appropriate. The swatch measuring 4" x 4" worked well with the needles so I know that if someone out there has a book they can recommend for this yarn (it is soft almost like a sportyarn feel to it. I only have enough yarn for a pullover. Thanks, I appreciate it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here