Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1 ply cobweb yarn

Posted by sandra_ferguson (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 27, 10 at 12:12

Has anyone ordered, on line, any 1 ply cobweb yarn....I believe what I have is cashmere, but Aran would be fine. I'm afraid I won't have enough on the cone to finish my project, but I think I can switch colors okay. My local knit shop doesn't have anything this fine....their finest is double ply.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1 ply cobweb yarn

I'm bidding on some at ebay, and as apparently no one else has anything to share about 1 ply, I'm 'answering myself' so the post will move down.

o

Sandra, you might try the link below. I am not, in any way, affiliated with them, but I have shopped in the store a couple of times when we visited Maine. They are very helpful, nice people, with lots of selection!

Tami

Here is a link that might be useful: this might be helpful

o

Thanks, Tami...I will definitely keep it in my 'maybe' box....always good to know if a company is reputable or not. I 'won' an ebay auction today of single ply charcoal gray (it'll put your eyes out!!!), 1 lb cone wool yarn.... for $5.60...can you believe it? the postage was more than the cost of the yarn. But, I didn't remember how miserable it is to knit with dark colors, particularly with such thin yarn. OH, well.....I can always stick it in my hoard of yarns and 'move along', if it's too bad! Appreciate your input, though....thanks.
Cheers.

o

Sandra, lay a white cloth on your lap while working on dark colors, do the opposite, laying a dark cloth in your lap, while working on light colors. It helps you see the stitches.

Tami

o

Thanks for the reminder, Tami....I've done that before and it DOES help. Part of my problem, though, is that I rarely knit in the daytime, but save it for the evenings with my husband, in the TV room. He did recently get me a 'handwork' lamp to have by my chair, so I don't know if that will help or not...we shall see, and I hope the answer is 'yes'!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here