Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
zip back baby sweater pattern

Posted by lindat (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 15, 09 at 12:10

Help!!
I need a crochet pattern for a zip back baby sweater. I have a knitted pattern. But I am not great with the knitting, can do crochet much better. If anyone could help me out I would so appreciate it
Thanks
LT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: zip back baby sweater pattern

I can't help, I'm afraid, but am curious..what is a zip back baby sweater....does it zip up the back? Sounds strange.

o

Sandra - it zips from the tip of the hood down the back - they're great - you don't have to pull it over the baby's head, just put their arms and face thru and zip! had a couple when my girls were babies - like 20 years ago.

I'd like a crochet pattern too...don't knit much, it would be for my Grandson!

o

There is a free pattern on the Lion Brand Yarn Website!

Free Crochet Pattern 60224AD Zip-Back Hoody Lion Brand Yarn Company

o

I have a knit version with cables. Every time I make it, I mess it up big time. I swore last time that I would never make another! If I find one with out the cables I would tho.

Sandra, think sweater with a hood that zips down the back instead. It's really nice, especially if the baby is sleeping. It's very easy to put on them. Lay them on their back. Slip their arms in and lay the hood opening over theri face. Pick up baby and lay on your shoulder to zip down the back.

Tami

o

I bet you could find a few over at ravelry. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here