Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
photobucket problem?

Posted by sandra_ferguson (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 28, 09 at 11:58

I know lots of us use photobucket to store and send photographs, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing I have? The last 2 times I visited I immediately got the ANTIVIRUS 2009 screen.....I didn't fall for the rather scary warning about the virus now on my computer and "click here" to scan your computer....etc(It seems this is a "rogue anti-spyware program that uses false spyware results to lure you to purchase its full version.") However, what bothers me is that the only 2 times I've received this were while I was on the photobucket site. Could this be only a coincidence, or have any of your experienced it while on photobucket?
(In case you received it and DID click on their site, here are the instructions to get rid of it...our daughter ended up having to go to her computer 'guy' to get it off her computer)
http://www.removal-instructions.com/removeAntivirus2009.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: photobucket problem?

Weird--I used Photobucket several times yesterday (wednesday) and never had the problems you experienced.

Annie

o
RE: photobucket problem?

VERY strange, indeed. I must admit I'm loath to visit photobucket again, for I can't imagine it was just coincidence that the only 2 times I've gotten that durn antivirus junk was when I was there. I guess, though, I'll have to try it again....glad to hear you didn't have the problem and hope I won't, again, either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here