Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sorie6

gallery posting (please read)

sorie6 zone 6b
14 years ago

Don't forget to post your pics in the gallery. It's so much easier than here, in my opinion!

Comments (11)

• justlinda
    14 years ago

Not easier or faster for me....I just like to zip through the messages (and any accompanying pictures). Why would I want to route through 2 message boards?

MHO only!

• Lindsey_CA
    14 years ago

I agree, Linda. I think the original purpose of the galleries was to have the pictures "stay" longer. But this board moves so slowly...

Besides, the galleries end up with a whole mess of conversational posts, which is not what they're intended for...

• sorie6 zone 6b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Please tell me a FAST way to post pics on this board!

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

Posting pics in the gallery is a waste of time. When I'm reading a post it is nice to have the pictures right there and not have to go searching in the gallery. I don't even know if I'd take the time to search through a bunch of pics I'm not interested in.

GW is in dire need of revamping--there are easier ways of letting people post URL's and pics. The very least they could do is have notices for newbies on how to post both.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    14 years ago

Sorie6- Set up a free account at Photobucket. There are other sites too that have free photo hosting. They have all the instructions for posting to a message board. It took me several tries to get good at it, but it is worth the effort, and you'll be able to put photos right into your posts. Like this... The FAST part comes with practice.

-Babka

{{gwi:1572415}}

• Lindsey_CA
    14 years ago

Having a Photobucket account is great, but you don't need that to post photos here in any forum.
    You can upload a photo to TinyPic easily and quickly. Go to the web site (link is below). You'll see this:

Click on the Browse... button and navigate to the folder where you have the photo you want to upload/post.
    Once you've selected the photo, click on the Upload Now! button. You'll then see this:

Simply click in the Top line (labeled HTML for Websites).
    That will automatically copy the entire link. Then come into your post, click in the space of the message where you want the photo to go, and press Ctrl-V.
    That's holding down the Control key and pressing the "V" key. It's the shortcut to Paste in what you've copied.

Here is a link that might be useful: TinyPic

• sorie6 zone 6b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks ladies. I've got a PhotoBucket acc. but it's still a hassle because I forget whether I'm supposed to use HTLM IMG ect. I think I've got it figured out now. Thanks again.

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

lindsey ca:
    You do exactly the same thing with photo bucket.

sorie:
    If the problem is remembering then write it down or make up a little saying to remember something like.
    To send a picture --H-it-- T-he-- M-issing-- L-ink.

I used this all the time years ago when I went to school to remember things

• sorie6 zone 6b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm discouraged. I've tried several times and can't get the pic to post. Don't know why. Maybe just my computer. I've posted pics on here before. Oh well.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    14 years ago

Sorie6- Hang in there. Once you get it right you will be amazed how easy and quick it is. You just need to know where to click.

I'm most familiar with Photobucket, and since you know how to upload photos there, I'll try to walk you thru it.

In your Photobucket album, when you are logged in, you will see the words across the top of each pic. "edit/move/share/delete". Left click on "share".

Garden web is not listed in the message boards there, but they do give you the HTML link. Left click on that box to turn it blue, then right click on that blue area to get the cut/copy/paste menu. Left click on the word "copy". Do not right click again until you are ready to "paste" that line of code that you copied into your message.

Go back to The Garden Web message board and type up your message. Keep your curser in the message and right click to bring up that cut/copy/paste menu. Left click on "paste" and all that HTML info should magically appear.

Be sure to preview your message before you submit it. If you can see the photo, then we will too. If you can't, try again without hitting the submit button on your post. No one will know how many times you mess up.

This seems like a whole lot of left and right clicking, but it all happens in just a couple seconds or less once you get the hang of it.

Don't give up...

-Babka

• Lindsey_CA
    14 years ago

One of the major differences between using Photobucket and Tinypic, is that when you use Tinypic, everyone should be able to see the photo. With Photobucket, unless you've correctly made the photo viewable by the public, folks will get an error and won't see it. And, I think Tinypic is faster, because you don't have to log in, and go to the correct album, like you do with Photobucket.

I don't have anything against Photobucket -- I actually have two totally separate Photobucket accounts. It's just that I think Tinypic is faster and easier for posting photos here.

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz
More Discussions