Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crocheted lace bridal veil

Posted by jmdj1994 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 08 at 10:58

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or patterns or websites or ANYTHING they could share regarding crocheted bridal veils. I am wanting to make something for my sister's wedding, and I was thinking maybe a headband with tulle or something. I am not creative enough to venture to make one on my own, so anything any of you wonderful people could contribute would help. Thanks in advance and God Bless!

Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crocheted lace bridal veil

I fear a crocheted bridal veil would prove to be quite heavy on her head and hair if it is of any length at all. And it would take an awfully long time to make too. Why not make her a beautiful crocheted edge on a bridal handkerchief which she could use or put in her bride's purse. Or make a cute and tiny purse for her to have at the reception to hold the hankey, lipstick, etc. I have also seen patterns for a crocheted garter, if she is going to wear one. But they are usually tossed, so she would not have your garter to save as a keepsake.

o

here's a link to a few wedding items - the hankie, garter, bag, etc. She could keep your garter and throw another if they are planning to do the traditional. At my son's wedding, no garter and no flowers were thrown. Also no wedding cake but assorted pastries to represent who they are - a pecan tart for her southern roots (NC), a cannoli for his Italian roots and a small key lime pie since they got married in Florida. An edging for her veil might be OK but brides may be fussy -- my DIL did not even use a veil, not interested, only a tiara! Hint around to see what she might be interested in before you invest time in making something she wouldn't use.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crochet Pattern Central

o

Our DD also skipped the garter and throwing the flowers. Glad she did.

o

There's one at this site

Here is a link that might be useful: crocheted veil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here