Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Child's Poncho Pattern

Posted by blueheron (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 14, 08 at 10:32

I am looking for a child or toddler's poncho pattern with knitting worsted weight. I have a lot of Lion Brand "Pound of Love" yarn and would like to use it. Our church has a knitting group that donates knitted items to a local abused women's shelter. The color is a pale turquoise which would be suitable for a little girl.

I can't seem to find a suitable pattern on the internet. A lot of the patterns are for a lighter weight yarn. I am an experienced knitter so it doesn't have to be a particularly easy pattern. But I don't want one with a hood, just a poncho for a toddler.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Child's Poncho Pattern

I found 3 sites for ponchos-
http://faerycrafty.blogdrive.com/archive/199.html
http://www.lionbrand.com (maker of Pound of Love!)
http://crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/ponchos.php
Hope this help and good luck.

o

I had searched the Lionbrand site and couldn't find a pattern.

Checked the faerycrafty.blogdrive and didn't understand it. Nothing about knitting patterns and some blogs were in a foreign language.

The third site was a crochet site and I wanted knitting patterns. (There is a knittingcentral site and I couldn't find what I wanted there either.)

Thanks anyway.

o

There are free patterns on the Bernat website for knitted ponchos. Here's a photo of one:

Pattern #1657
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You have to register at the site before you can view the free patterns.

o

I just finished a knit poncho without using a pattern. I used worsted yarn and circular needles to knit a simple tube any length and width. Then I cast off and turned one edge under about an inch and slip stitched that down. Using a Clover Wonder Knitter, I made a long drawstring, wove the ends into itself, attached a large safey pin and threaded it thru the casing by slipping it between any 2 stitches big enough to allow it thru. Done - and very sweet! My first knit project a complete success.

o

check this site for many choices in various sizes

Here is a link that might be useful: Kniting Pattern Central

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here