Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
migardengeek

Baby bamboo pattern error? Pls help

migardengeek
15 years ago

I am reaching out. I am working on a pattern called "Design C textured single-button cardi..." in the Sirdar Baby Bamboo too book 346 Code B.

It is a 3 section baby sweater with different textures. Starting with the back I was fine with section one and two and I am convincd I am absolutely adhering to this pattern but the third section does not remotely resemble the photo in the book. I believe the pattern is in error--but I'm not so advanced that I can't doubt my conviction in this matter. And I'm on holiday in Maui far away from my knitting circle of support. Is anyone familiar with this pattern or have a recommendation as to how to proceed to resolve? Thank you in advance, I'm stranded in the tropics

Comments (8)

• tami_ohio
    15 years ago

Migardengeek, since you have internet access, try checking the company web site, or email them and see if there are any corrections. Many times, a company will find that there are errors in a pattern and post the corrections on the web site, or will email the corrections if you ask for them.

Good luck.

Tami

• migardengeek
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanx, Tami; I followed your suggestion and Sirdar got back to me right away with an answer. Not a pattern error but the instructions were a little light on direction for a relative beginner like myself. I'm back on track now, thanks again.

• tami_ohio
    15 years ago

You are very welcome!!

• carliegarden
    15 years ago

Hi Migardengeek,

I am stuck at the exact same point in the pattern except that Sirdar has not been as prompt to respond to my email and they are not picking up their Helpline phone (they want me to leave a message).

I have unraveled my work so many times that I'm about to scream, would you mind sharing the pointers that you were given?

Thanx
    Carlie

• migardengeek
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, Carlie. Sorry for delay, I was off the grid for a few days. Here is what Sirdar's "knitting advisor" sent me-- "Both pattern rows have a repeat of p1, k3, however, the p1 on the second row has to be in the middle of the k3 of the previous row. When you are decreasing your pattern will alter." The more I have thought of it the more I say--How the heck is anyone supposed to have figured that out! I also ended up ripping the entire back out and I have started over so I can't tell you yet if I have got it right. Good luck to you on your project. Sue K

• schicken
    11 years ago

What a bunch of cobblers the "knitting advisor" from Sirdar was spouting. On the second row it was obvious there is an error in this pattern. Hoping it worked out for you, I'm just working out what the pattern should be now. :)

• Carol Boyer
    8 years ago

It's 3 years later and I am reliving the nightmare of this pattern. First of all, just like "migardengeek" I am on vacation in Hawaii (Kauai tho) and my knitting buddies aren't around. I think I nearly wore out the yarn with all the ripping. Danielleanne, I am making the smallest size like you were and your directions kept me from going insane. It may be midnight, but I did it! Thank you all for your postings.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions