Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milney_51031

Long shot--Missing pattern

milney_51031
14 years ago

Sorry, I'll try to attach a picture again.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (9)

• milney_51031
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This is the afghan pattern I'm looking for that I posted the original request for on January 14th. I used the exact colors that the magazine displayed. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks. Janice

• Dash2
    14 years ago

I posted a link to this pattern on your first post.

• pris
    14 years ago

Yarnlover

Her pattern doesn't have the diamonds. Otherwise it's very close. I don't have it and did a quick google. Yours came up quite often but I couldn't find hers.

• trixie_2009
    14 years ago

This pattern is in 7 Day Afghans by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cleanoutmyclosets/4367736293/

• milney_51031
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi..it looks so much different than my afghan but maybe its because of the different colors used. I've never owned that book though. It looks like I chained 243 & broke off the chain. Then went back & started sc in the chain. No turning, not even the first row. I'll have to see if I can find the book. Thanks so much Trixie. Janice

• anne_b
    14 years ago

Janice, I have the 7-Day Afghan book, and after careful consideration, I do not believe their "Diagonal Chevrons" is the one you are looking for. Their pattern is a self-fringing afghan - you leave ends on each row, to be made into the fringe. Also, you chain 186 to start, and the afghan is worked entirely from one side, never turned.

I have an extensive library of afghan books, and will keep checking.

Anne B

• trixie_2009
    14 years ago

Diagonal Cheveron may not be the exact pattern, but it is the way her afghan is made. All worked from the front in sc,and a dc in front loop one row below. That gives you the raised stitch going diagonal through out the pattern. That pattern can be easily adjusted to any size. By the way her afghan looks upside down to me.

• milney_51031
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My pattern is also self fringing. I always started working from right to left leaving about an 8" string on the beginning & end. Looks like I chained 243. Cut yarn leaving a fringe. Went back to beginning of chain & worked sc for 2 rows in back loop. I started the fpdc on the 3rd row. I remember when the afghan was in the magazine it was draped over the back of a chair or bench in full color with the colors I used. I'm not sure what was meant by mine looking upside down. Thanks to you both. Looking for this pattern has kept me awake at night wondering what I did with it. :-( Janice

• justlinda
    14 years ago

I found these instructions, but no picture. They talk about chaining 245 and leaving "fringe" at each end. Perhaps this pattern might sound familiar.

Good luck with finding the pattern.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nav. Afghan Pattern

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions