Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmkellyx2

Please help me 'Pay it Forward' ... Very small time commitment.

tmkellyx2
15 years ago

My name is Reiley, 12 yrs. old. I am using my momÂs iVillage account to reach out to fellow knitters and crocheters to help me "Pay it Forward." For my schoolÂs "Pay it Forward" project I am asking fellow knitters and crocheters to help me give the gift of a warm blanket. I believe that a seriously ill or abused child can be greatly comforted by a security blanket.

Sit down, relax and watch a movie while you knit or crochet an easy square!

I am asking for a 6"x6" knit or crochet square of any design and color. I will carefully assemble blankets made from all donated squares and give blankets to a child in need of comfort. I will post photos of the completed blankets and let you know which organization, charity or childrenÂs hospital the blanket was given so you can see how your donation contributed to providing comfort and warmth to a child who needs it most. If possible I will post photos of the child with his/her new blanket. Please be sure all material is machine washable as your blanket will be well loved.

If you are interested in joining my group and participating in my project, I would need knitted or crochet blocks no later than Feb. 13, 2009 as my project is due on Feb. 27th. Thank you for your support! Please let me know of your interest so I can start my Ravelry Group to reach out to others to join.

http://www.payitforwardday.com/

The Pay It Forward Foundation was established in 2000 by author Catherine Ryan Hyde and others to educate and inspire students to realize that they can change the world, and provide them with opportunities to do so. Students and their teachers are encouraged to formulate their own ideas of how they can pay it forward.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions