Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sock (yes, just one)

Posted by ironkit (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 20, 06 at 17:06

I've been working on this sock for about two weeks now. I finally finished it on Tuesday. The other one is on the needles now.

The yarn is KnitPicks Simple Stripes in Crayon. I got 9st and 12 rows/inch. I'm never ever tackling a project like this again. The pattern is knit one row, then k3,p1 the next row.

They were s'posed to be for my mother for Christmas, but they don't fit her. So now I own one sock that I absolutely detest, with another one on its way.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

~ Kit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sock (yes, just one)

I dont know why you dont like that sock. You did a great job on it. Finish the other one. Someday you will love it. You are one smart young lady.

o

I love that sock! I hope you have finished the other one.
Or at least, still working on it. You did a fine job on it. I'm sure you'll find someone else the pair will fit.

o

Yes, I finished them. I actually finished the second one on Monday night, and wore them on Tuesday without washing/blocking. They're comfy! To bad they're fraternal twins. :(

I'm especially proud of the grafting on the first one:

~ Kit

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here