Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a ladies cape pattern

Posted by dachsieluvr (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 14:54

Hi everybody,
I just found you today. I am looking for a cape pattern. I had the very one until sometime in the 1980s and one day while cleaning house, I decided to go through my knitting bag and I threw out the pattern for the cape because it was too small and I did not know how to make it any larger. Now, I want to make a cape again and I don't have the pattern. This cape was rounded at the bottom and it had arm slits on both sides and it was open down the front and it closed using 4 or 5 buttons (I remember that I used large buttons on the top, but underneath, I used snaps so that the front snapped closed.) It had a collar, but it was not a stand up collar. It was knit flat to go with the front and it was knit at the same time the body of the cape was. It was knit in three pieces on size 8 needles. I regret that I don't have any of the capes that I made so that I can copy one. Does anybody have a pattern or a link for me to check out?

Jeannie
(DachsieLuvr)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a ladies cape pattern

I have one that I made for years but it's crochet I thinkI have one clepped out of an old Workbasket with slits and might also be knitted I'll check my stash

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here