Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Knitting machines

Posted by bizzylizzy (My Page) on
Sun, May 21, 06 at 16:15

Has anyone here worked with knitting machines? How fast is it really to learn how to use one?

My DH is encouraging me to consider buying one. I'll try to make the long story short. See, I mostly do crochet, I have learned to knit only simple plain and purl rows. Now I'm dabbling into crocheting clothing items, but he keeps hearing me complain about how long it takes me to create things, he and I talk about me opening up a booth in town to get out of the house and start a business that I would enjoy doing (crocheting and fiber crafts, etc). So I was considering the knitting machine to make quicker items, and perhaps embellish with some crochet.

I was thinking to get the very reasonably priced knitting machine from Michaels ($220/Cdn) and try it out. Is it worth my time and money, or should we think of something else? DH is even saying I should make some items, and possibly sell imported cheap stuff "off the docks" lol. Has anyone made money with similar ideas? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Knitting machines

Woops! I must have accidentally posted in the pix gallery, sorry about that - Liz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here