Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hat made on circular needles

Posted by misty42 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 2, 06 at 20:14

I made this hat with a lot of help from Donna,
It is my first attempt at circular needles.

Connie B.

Image link: Hat made on circular needles (54 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hat made on circular needles

Hooray Connie! I love it. I really like that variegated yarn. I made Mom's in a solid purple, but I think I like yours better. Didn't you love working with the circulars? There's no stopping you now!

o

Good job! That hat is really sweet.

o

For your first attempt at Circular Needles, I'd say you did a tremendous job! I love the colors.

o

How did you do that sideways cable? Knit it separately and then pick up stitches along the side and knit up? It looks wonderful (and warm!)

Judy

o

That hat is really cute.

o

justjude,
Exactly, Here is a link to the patteren for the hat. It is on my list of things to do "next"...LOL
Misty, I love it in varegated yarn too - now all I have to learn is the provisional cast on and the Kitchner(? sp) stitch..
Elly

Here is a link that might be useful: hat with cable band on circuluar needles

o

Thank you everyone I'm glad you like it.
The varigated yarn is Red Heart 0310 Monet.
Donna, sent the site for the hat to me.

Judy, I did make the band first. Here's the site.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTcoronet.html

o

Hi elly1 I tried to leave a msg for you but couldn't figure out how to do it. I have a formula I use for doi8ng the dratted K stitch . If interested send me an e-mail at eagiffin@yahoo.com and I will be glad to share. P.S. I'm Ellie too. small world

o

Hi Ellie,....
I called you Liza on the other side -- guess it is a small world - I may well send you that e mail, although you gave some pretty specific instructions on the other side......
Thanks again,
Elly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here