SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Okay, the holiday cocktail tasting has commenced!

alisande
10 years ago

I started with this one, which is my own invention, although I'm certain someone else thought of it first:

Holiday Martini (Can you think of a better name?)

1.5 oz. vodka
.5 oz. Pinnacle Chocolate Whipped vodka
1 oz. butterscotch schnapps
1/2 cup Silk Pumpkin Spice soymilk

Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass. Sprinkle foam lightly with cinnamon.

I thought it was very good. My daughter and granddaughter (she's almost 23) agreed. I don't know how long the Pumpkin Spice soymilk will be available though.

Then I tried this one, from the Pinnacle website:

Peach Turnover

2 part(s) Pinnacle Peach vodka
4 part(s) apple juice
Splash DeKuyper Triple Sec

Mix in a glass filled with ice.

When am I going to learn that I don't care for drinks made with apple juice? Also, apparently I don't like peach-flavored vodka. It's too bad, because I just bought a bottle. This drink went down the sink.

Then (not the same day!) it was on to another from Pinnacle:

Chocolate Frosting Martini

2 part(s) Pinnacle Chocolate Whipped Vodka
1 part(s) DeKuyper Buttershots Butterscotch flavored vodka
1/2 part(s) Kamora Coffee Liqueur
Splash Half & Half

Shake with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.

Oh, my! This was delicious. Awfully sweet, though, possibly because I used butterscotch schnapps instead of the Buttershots vodka. I thought they were the same thing.

Maybe best as an after dinner drink. I left off the whipped cream and didn't miss it, although it would be a nice touch.

I'm still trying to get the chemical-free, fat-free half & half Maire_Cate recommended: Skim Plus.

Please feel free to share your cocktail discoveries, old and new!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!