Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hunters find girls' bodies

Posted by linda_in_iowa (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 22:57

On July 13 two girls who were cousins and were about 10 years old disappeared while riding their bikes in Iowa. Searchers drained a lake near where the bicycles were found. At the beginning of hunting season, authorities asked hunters to be on the lookout for clothing or other clues about the girls disappearance. Today hunters discovered the bodies of 2 children.
This is just so sad and my heart goes out to the parents of the girls.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hunters find girls' bodies

it's gotten so i'm uncomfortable if the kids go to the school park less than a block from ds1 home...and when i was babysitting them in my home did a seach and found a perp less than a mile away, so they were never outside alone here...

o

I just heard that this morning Linda, I was so sad to hear that their bodies have been found. I know that they did some searching here in Nebraska as well. Prayers going out to their families.

o

Sadly, it has been confirmed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Confirmed As Missing Iowa Girls

o

Yes, so sad. I know they had hope that they were alive, but at least they know now. Even though it wasn't the news they had hoped for. :(

o

Since they were found 25 miles away, they didn't 'just wander off'. Someone took them.

Lyric Cook's parents have police records concerning meth. I doubt this was some random grab.

Tragic!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here