Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Ms Glenda's cookies....

Posted by aqr32583 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 22:35

I want to make the pistachio/cranberry cookies and I can only find salted/roasted pistachios. Are these the correct kind? I can't find any unsalted around here. Please help, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Ms Glenda's cookies....

That's what I used. They worked fine.

o

Salted will work just fine!

o

Thanks, can't wait to try them tomorrow! :)

o
RE: Help with Ms Glecccnda's cookies....

Can't say enough about those cookies, I love them.
My opinion only!

o

Glenda does your recipe use pistachio pudding mix,,,would you mind giving it again...the combination sounds wonderful. If you could tell me when you gave it maybe i can find it myself..hate to be a pain I know you must be busy....

June

o

I can vouch for them. They are wonderful! And incredibly easy.

o

Here's the recipe:

Pistachio Cranberry Icebox Cookies.
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, shells discarded
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup coarse decorative sugar
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, and salt.

In the bowl of a standing or electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, and zest until light and fluffy.

Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture until dough comes together in clumps.

Add pistachios and cranberries.

Gather and press dough together. Cut dough in half and place each half on a sheet of waxed paper.

Form each half into a log about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Square off each log to form a bar (pressing two rulers along the length of the dough is helpful), and wrap each bar in waxed paper.

Chill until very firm, at least 2 hours.

Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350�. Meanwhile, line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, beat egg. Brush egg over logs on all sides.

Place coarse sugar on a separate sheet of waxed paper. Roll bars in sugar, coating well.

Cut each bar crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, rotating bar after cutting each slice to keep square shape. (If dough is too soft to slice, freeze briefly until firm.)

Arrange cookies about a half inch apart on lined baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes.

Transfer cookies from parchment to racks and cool completely before serving

o
RE: Help with Ms Glennnda's cookies....

Here's another version, but the picture of them is not near as pretty as the above cookies but a quicker and easier version.

Had great reviews

Reynolds Parchment Paper
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 box (4-serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
1 cup dry-roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1 Heat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paper; set aside. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, pudding mix and flour. Stir in melted butter and eggs until soft dough forms. Add pistachios and cranberries; mix well.
2 Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheet. Press with fingers to slightly flatten.
3 Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

o

Thanks Glenda I really appreciate your posting them again.

Can't wait to make them.

june

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here