Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bought this for me, today and they work

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 22:10

At least for me! Already tried in the kitchen and bathroom, and they work!

Plus you can remove the sole and wash. The whole shoe is washable as well.

I'm not good in bending over anymore and this is perfect for me.

Slipper Genie $5.95 at WalMart

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bought this for me, today and they work

I am reluctant to use anything like this because of falling. I don't bounce as good as I used to. Since I fell on ice 2 years ago, I am super careful, but then I can bend over without much of a problem. Curious is that what you bought them to wash the floor?

o
RE: Boucccght this for me, today and they work

A caution saying do not use if your balance is unstable.

They are to wipe or dust floors.

Not for carpets.

Not for everyone, but ME, I'm pleased with my purchase.

Perfect for me, to go around the toilet and kitchen edges.

o

How cool. I've never heard of them. Sounds like a fab idea.

o

I have for the 22 years I have lived in this house, mopped my floor with a wet kitchen towels soaked in vineager water~~ring them out a bit, then I move the towels around with my feet~~~no bending for me~~my floor has always looked great;)

o
RE: Bouggght this for me, today and they work

As I said, works for me!

Just sharing :o)

o

@ Glenda - why are always so defensive? I mentioned hubby loved your chili, but next time he wanted more beans, and you flipped out!

Chill, woman! Why do you have to make people feel like crap because what "works for" you, may not work for them/us?

o

I'm going to buy these. Thanks for letting me know they exist.

o

sounds like a great idea-and yoga ldys idea works for me too-thank you gals!

o

Wow, I didn't take Glenda's post as being defensive at all. I did take your post as not being very nice though.

o

I'm with angelaid. Glenda very often does come across as defensive, and I picked up on it in this post, too.

But that's just the Glenda we all know and love. :)

o

That is a trait of Glenda's that we all just have to put up with. It's just how she is. If she gets to many negative comments she will say she is leaving then wait for everyone to beg her to stay. I imagine it's just her way of getting attention.
That's just Glenda. :)

o

Do they make these for kids? When mine were little it would Have made a great game.

o

I'd be terrified to wear something like this on a smooth floor. You're braver than I am, Glenda! My be-socked foot slipped out from under me in the kitchen last year. I landed smack on my left knee and used my right hand to try to catch myself....did some wicked damage to my right shoulder. Three months of PT, three times a week!

So, be careful, girl!

o

Just checked my calendar. I didn't realize this was Bash Glenda Day!

I think the shoes look like fun! If marketed as a new workout routine, they could have charged bunches more.

o

I'd be terrified to wear something like this on a smooth floor. You're braver than I am, Glenda! My be-socked foot slipped out from under me in the kitchen last year. I landed smack on my left knee and used my right hand to try to catch myself....did some wicked damage to my right shoulder. Three months of PT, three times a week!

So, be careful, girl!

o

I've seen them at Walmart but don't know what size shoe the housekeeper wears....

o

Ooh, I wish I was 30 years younger--I would've had a great time with these! I still should get some--the workout would be good for me legs. I would think you would "shuffled", not run and slide (which is what I would have done back in the day). Thanks for the tip--and I love you!

o

Hmm I think it's a good idea in theory but I'd worry about the sanitation aspect of it, unless it was washed every time between the bathroom and kitchen areas, especially if used around the toilet in a household with people with bad aim, haha. But then again I'm an unreasonably bad germophobe so maybe that's just me!

o

Chi, at that price you could get a pair for the kitchen and one for the baths.

o

I saw those at walmart and thought about buying them but with all my falls lately i figured i better not tempt fate.
I love those kind of cleaners with the "fingers" as I call them. I have a big one that is like a glove you stick your hand in it is wonderful for cleaning the TV and electronics, will not scratch. I have 2 small finger size ones I keep with my tablets, nothing removes finger smudges better. I also have one like that it goes on my flat mop sweeper is great for tile and wood.

o

raven, I bought those cleaners with the handles at Dollar Tree. Have several and love them.

Marie, appreciate your kindness :o) Thanks!

o

You coud buy the footie things that Glenda likes and do like I do with the wet kitchen towels just using it on one foot at a time to keep you balance~~~it's all good;)

o

Those look like they would work very well, thanks for posting! I had a friend who was from the Philippines and they used coconut husks to scrub floors. Same principal, put your foot on the husk after putting soapy water on the floor, and scrub away. She said her leg muscles were always in great shape while she lived there. :o)

o

I want to buy these for the kids in my life - they'd have a great time with them, and they'd be able to get up if they fall down!

Btw, I didn't see anything the slightest bit defense in Glenda's post. She was just saying what works for her.

o

I totally agree...I didn't read any defensiveness in Glenda's remark. I really scratched my head over the negative comments.

o

umm...i got the same impression as angelaid & the others that mentioned that little idiosyncrasy of glenda's. i suppose it's just a cute little quirk of hers. :D

the thing works for her i guess...

o

But why point people's "cute little quirks"? Or defensiveness or whatever one wants to call something to justify crappy comments? It isn't nice. It's cruel and rude. We all have our faults. And no one wants others to post about them. I don't care if you noticed it or not before,it's down right cruel to point it out.
It's the Christmas season. Lets be a little nicer to each other.

o

This post was edited by glenda_al on Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 16:50

o

I've noticed it over the years too.

I think we can all assume that if you are posting about a product, recipe or movie, etc. you liked it and want to share it with others. Or the opposite, you are warning us not to bother.

It's also pretty much a given here that you can post about that same product, recipe or movie that you like and someone else will hate it. Who cares? Those that like it, great, you've gained a new favorite. For those that dislike, oh well, move on and try something different next time.

We all have different tastes, that's that makes the world go round!

o

I used to get out of bed in the morning and weave my way to the bedpost, then to the dresser, and finally to the bathroom. I wasn't drunk nor did I have a hangover - just a lack of balance. My neurologist told me to take 1000 MGs of vitamin B12 everyday. He assured me that it will not hurt any adult at all. If your body doesn't use it, it will be excreted. It works for me. Now I can walk in a straight line and haven't fallen since taking the vitamin.

o

WTH does that have to do with these slippers, shymilfromchi???

o

I think Shymilfromchi mentioned it because Glenda said the slippers weren't for people with poor balance, so she was suggesting something that might help with balance.

o

Come on EVERYONE...is there anyone out there that is perfect? We all have different ways of expressing ourselves and relating stories. Is your way the only way?
Please be happy that you and yours are alive today and let each of us be happy and enjoy our lives...and that includes posting to "friends" without having to post the words YOU want us to use. GEEZ!
Eileen

o

Jeez, chloecat. Nice way to talk to someone who doesn't post often. Her post had everything to do with Glenda's comment that these aren't for people with balance problems.

o

Have you seen the TV commercial where the woman buys a "Rug Hugger" cleaning suit? She looks like a giant bunny, lays down on the floor and wiggles and drags herself around to dust her floor. Makes me laugh every time I see it. It's a commercial for Pinesol, I think.

o

Chloecat, you need to get some Christmas spirit! Geez!!

Jannie, I have seen that ad. I bet I could make some snow angels (or dust angels) if I had one of those suits.

o

This is the funniest post I've read lately. Glenda said nothing DEFENSIVE. Good grief!! If you don't like her idea, okay, you don't like her idea. This is so funny to me. Glenda, come on over to the MH where you belong!!!!!

o

I bought these a few years ago and forgot about them, thanks for the reminder Glenda! They are great for tile floors and dog hair!

o

I so agree with Vannie....nothing wrong was said. Get a life, Folks, and if you don't like the way a post is worded, so be it. Who cares??? No one is attacking you so why do you care the way someone words a post??? Unreal...
Eileen

o

Glenda, I don't post often, but I read everyday. Love your post. replies like the ones from chloecat can hurt peoples feelings. Haters gonna hate.

o
RE: Boucccght thivvvs for me, togggday and they work

Telling the truth isn't cruel, rude or "bashing" anyone. (A lot of people here just can't handle the truth.) Often the ones who accuse of it are guiltier than most of the "crimes" they charge! LOL

This post was edited by cynic on Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 15:49

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here