Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you Yahoo email program change?

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 21:51

I was reading in the paper where Yahoo is changing their email program to compete with GMail.

Well tonite I got on and the face of it has changed and I hate it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you Yahoo email program change?

Me too. I was surprised when I got on line. The color is now a bright purple. I can't find how to change it back. I hadn't heard they were going to do any changes.

o

I guess, I better let them know, I HATE changes!

LOL

Moni

o

In no time, you'll be used to it... and complain in a few years when they do something new again. LOL!

o

LOL I have Yahoo but I just go with the flow. I rarely use email but do check it everyday on my iPod.

o

Yes, mine changed to-night as well.

o

Yes, it surprised me. They might have at least warned us. I'll stick with yahoo because it is too much trouble to change. So far, I don't mind the changes. I don't see any way to change the color, which I don't like.

o

Mine didn't change!

o

I just looked and mine hasn't changed. I didn't change a while back when we had the option. Just stayed with the old.

Since purple was mentioned, I did notice that the word YAHOO is purple. May have always been though and I had never really looked at it before.

Sue

o

Good for Yahoo! They are trying to be competitive. Welcome to 2012, Yahoo!

o

Dedtired, click on Themes and choose the colour and what parts are coloured, that you want.

o

Thanks, Jasdip. I find the dark blue to be easier on my eyes, so I just switched to that. Much better.

o

I use the classic format and haven't seen any change.

o

"What?" I thought - they changed it! But now that I've used the new purple email a few times I find I like it. The page seems much "cleaner".

o

Thank you for the tip on how to change the color. I like the looks better now.

o

Yep, mine changed too, I hate it, but like it was mentioned, I'll probably get used to it before long...

o

Yes, mine changed (both of them) and I just adjusted the theme (not too many to choose from, though) to what I was using before and it's not a big deal to me. It's free, so I don't want to complain, it's theirs to do with what they will.

o

took me a while to figure out how to find the reply button

o

What are the new changes? Is it worth switching over from classic? I'm afraid if I do I'll lose my old classic version

o

I miss the sign-out button. Have to go under your username to sign out.

I am used to it now though, just took a few days. I don't like sudden changes, I want gradual warnings! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here