Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Since We Lost Dusty

Posted by samkaren (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 21:11

Its just over a month since we had to put our baby to sleep. it is still hard because i can still hear his cries at night. thing i miss most is when he would play "tag-your-it" at bedtime.

we didn't get the other kitten. we thought we would see how OKE would be before jumping the gun..even though we would adopt one in a heartbeat.

OKE seems to be adjusting although i have noticed that he has picked up all of dusty's habits. Right now he is in my arms...he loves his mama

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Since We Lost Dusty

I'm glad you & Oke are adjusting so well.

It's not a bad idea to give things time to settle down before making a new commitment.

In time, I bet you get another little feller.

o

When the time is right, the "one" will find you. Give your loving to OKE until it's time for another.

Trust me on this one. After losing my 18-1/2 year old cat last summer, I wasn't going to get another. It would be the first time in 25+ years of not having a cat. Parker simply walked into our lives just over a year ago and it's like he's been here forever.

We don't have pets. They have humans.

o

Strange how the memories of our pets can stay soo long. I used to see Snuffy in my mind. He'd be walking in the door with his tail wagging and it gave me great comfort. It's hard to let go. Oke is helping you get through it, that's the power of our beloved pets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here