Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm done --Christmas shopping, that is.

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 21:05

Well, Christmas shopping has gone quickly this year, and I finished tonight at Macy's where I bought 4 ties for my SIL. Most of the ordered things have been delivered already, but I am still waiting on two things.

DD is bringing the grandsons for a few days' visit on Sunday, and after they leave, I will get out the tree and decorations. The tree blocks the door to the back yard, so I will wait.

They will come back on the 26th for tree and a second Christmas dinner and they will see the house all decorated then. Two of my kids are spending Christmas with their in-laws but will be back on the 26th, so DD asked to have a 2nd Christmas at our house that afternoon. I will get my younger son to help me with the 2nd meal and go simpler than I will on the 25th. And this will be the last time I get hooked into making two Christmas dinners two nights in a row.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm done --Christmas shopping, that is.

I'm done as well. Still waiting for two parcels to arrive. The budget for Christmas gifts got cut this year by four thousand dollars in vet bills. Our vet was absolutely terrific in supporting us through the diagnosis, treatment and loss and will be getting a special thank you for Christmas. DH and I aren't exchanging gifts. We have what we need/want anyway. We have a very small family and gifts are very practical except for two children that I spoil. I shop year round for Christmas gifts as my pension can't take the "December hit". No tree will be going up as we still have three active cats. The outside decorations are up.

o
RE: I'm done --Christmas shopping, that is.

I bought most gifts online and I "cheated" by buying mukltiuples of the same gift. Rachael Ray's latest cookbook for some, bird suet feeders for others. I don't enjoying gifting as much as I used to. I do like to buy interesting gifts for kids under ten, there are only 2 to buy for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here