SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

My Husband is in ICU

Last evening with Amber, Alyssa and I present, my husband had a stroke. We immediately called 911. This is his second stroke in 6 years or so. The severity of the stroke called for us as a family to make a decision, not do much and he would probably not get any better at all or have the doctor inject a very strong blood thinner that would break up the clot and he would more than likely get back a lot of his original movement. The downside to it, was it might cause bleeding and death. We felt we had no choice and all of us decided to have the doctor give the drug. All went well till he had an allergic reaction to the drug and his tongue and mouth started to swell. He had to be put under and a breathing tube inserted. He was also given two medications to fight the allergy. He stayed in the local hospital till this morning when a bed was ready at an ICU room at St. Vincent's in Indianapolis. He still has the breathing tube in and it may come out tomorrow. He knows us and seems to have a lot of movement on the side that was effected this time. He will have another long road to get back as much as he can.

Sue

Comments (50)