Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My husband lost his battle with cancer.

Posted by jamie_la (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 19:40

He was only 63 and had liver cancer metastized to his lung. They just gave him 6 months. Well yesterday I brought him to ER, as he was having trouble breathing. He never got better. About 10:30 his heart rate dropped to 22. I whispered to him to go and be with Rachel. 2 minutes later he was gone. Peacefully and no fighting. But jeeze I'm lost. It's just Lance & I now. I don't know how much more loss I can endure!! Please send prayers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My husband lost his battle with cancer.

Jamie, my prayers are with you and Lance. You have been through so much and I pray that your faith will sustain you in this difficult time. You have many friends that are here for you, and I hope you can draw on our support and that of your other friends and family. May you find comfort in memories and in knowing that your husband is with the Lord and Rachel, and free from pain. Hugs!

o

My condolences and prayers are with you, jamie

o

I'm so sorry.

holding you in my thoughts & in my heart.

o

i'm so sorry, jamie....my thoughts and prayers are with you.

o

Jamie, you have my sincerest sympathy. You have had so much to have to deal with. May His peace envelop you, both now and in the future.

Shirley

o

Jamie, I am so sorry to hear this. I am holding you close to my heart and saying a prayer for you and Lance.

o

OH, Jamie. I'm so sorry. You and Lance are in my heart.

o

Jamie, I'm so sorry you have to bear yet another loss. You're in my prayers. (((Jamie)))

o

I am sorry for your loss - I will add you to my prayer list.

o

I am so sorry for your loss and sadness.

o

(((Jamie)))

o

Oh, Jamie, I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts...

Moni

o

So, so sorry to hear this. Prayers and hugs to you and Lance.

o

Jamie, you have been through so much. My heart is breaking for you and Lance. I'm so, so sorry.

o

My thoughts and prayers with you and Lance

o

Sending warm, loving thoughts to you. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine it.

o

I am thinking of you and your loss, I am so sorry.

Sue

o

So very sorry for your loss. Prayers and thoughts go out to you.

o

I am so so very sorry . May God hold you and Lance up.

o

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and family.

o

There are no words that I can say to comfort you. I am so so sorry for your loss. God help you and give you strength. Satine

o

I'm so sorry for your loss Jamie. He's at peace now. I hope you can find the strength and peace to deal with your loss.

o

Jamie, I will send you prayers for comfort and strenght during this most difficult time. At 63 he was too young.

Peppi

o

So sorry Jamie~~Peace and Love to you and your family~~~

o

(((((Jamie & Lance)))))

o

I am so sorry for your loss, Jamie. You are in my heart, my prayers and my thoughts. May God bless.

jude

o

Jamie, I am adding my condolences and my prayers. You've had so much to deal with and I pray that you will find the strength and courage that you need now. Big hugs for both you and Lance. Bettye

o

Jamie, I am so sorry for your loss. You are on my mind and in my prayers at this difficult time.

o

Jamie, no words can express how sorry I am. My prayers, love, and thoughts are with you. Please know that you are never alone. I think of you every day.

o

Jamie there are no words just hugs and prayers

o

Jamie, I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lance. We are here for you.

Hugs to you!

o

Jamie, my heart aches for you. Thinking of you and your son. God Bless.

o

I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

o

So very sorry Jamie, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Lance.

o

Oh Jamie, I'm so sorry about your husband. I just can't image going through what you've been through the last few years. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jodi-

o

((((Jamie))))

o

(((Lots of hugs)))

o

My condolences to you in your loss.

o

Jamie - you have had to bear so much. My heart goes out to you now in the loss of your dear husband.

o

I'm so very sorry......

o

So very sorry Jamie. Keeping you and Lance in my prayers.

o

Jamie, I am so very sorry for your loss.

o

Jamie, My prayers are with you and the loved ones he has left behind.

o

Oh, Pookie. I am so very sorry for your loss. I feel bad for all your heartache, it must be so hard.

(((((Jamie and Lance)))))

o

I am sorry for your loss, prayers for you and Lance.

o

I can't even imagine what you are going through, Jamie. May the thought that he is no longer in pain bring you some Peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

o

peace to you...it will come...

o

Gosh, this is stunning to me. I'm so sorry, Jamie but I'm glad to know he was peaceful and I know you're a little comforted by the fact that he is with Rachel now. How much can one person bear? I'm hoping and praying that you have loads of support and a deep faith. You and Lance will be in my prayers. Hang in there, Jamie and come here to cry and vent any time.

o

Jamie,
I'm so very sorry. Peace be with you and Lance.

o

I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. Words just fail me at times like this but please know that I wish you comfort and peace. And please, please take care of yourself.

o

Jamie I'm so sorry.

o

So sorry to hear this, special thoughts and prayers for you and Lance.

o

Sending prayers.

o

I'm so sorry, Jamie. But you're right--he is with Rachel. And both of them are with you. (((Jamie)))

o

Jamie I am so sorry. You sure have had to endure so much the last few years. My thoughts and prayers are with you

o

Jamie...I too, am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers for you and your family and continued thoughts and prayers for the strenght to help you deal with the next few days and weeks of sadness and going forward. (((((Jamie)))))

o

my deepest sympathy to you and your family, I can not even imagine what you are going through. You have really had much more than your share of pain and suffering. My prayers to you.

o

I am so sorry Jamie. My condolences to you and Lance. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

o

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I wish peace for you at this terrible time.

o

Awwww Jamie-I am so very sorry for your loss-my thoughts and prayers are with you and Lance.((((hugs))))

o

Jamie, I am so sorry for your loss. May you and your family find comfort in wonderful memories at this time.

o

Jamie - Sending prayers and praying that God's peace and comfort will be yours in this difficult time.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that you are able to find solace in knowing that he is at peace and with Rachel.

o

Jamie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so sorry.

Sue

o

(((Jamie))) I'm so sorry

o

I am so very sorry Jamie. My thoughts & tears are with you.

o

Oh, so much sadness around us always. Makes me want to hug everyone in my life and tell them how much I truly love them.

Jamie, only time will heal this hurt. Please know that many, many people care about you and are praying for you and Lance. Please, come here anytime and talk about him. Tell stories about him. I think it helps to talk about lost loved ones. It hurts, but also brings smiles and laughs remembering the happy, funny things.

God bless his soul. God bless you and Lance. I am very sorry for your loss.

o

I'm so very sorry to read this Jamie. You've had a terrible time over the past few years. Try to take some comfort that he is now seeing Rachel again. I'm glad that you're not alone.

o

How terribly tragic for you and Lance, may he and Rachel rest in peace until you meet again. Sending healing prayers.

o

Jamie, first - my sincere condolences to you and your family.
I lost my first husband to cancer 12 years ago.
To this day, I thank God for his peaceful passing, and the honor of being able to be with him when he left this world - and you will have this comfort, also.

You saw him through this, and completed your marriage vows.
A job well done.

I'm sure you feel a measure of relief...it's normal.

You have a new life to build, but that doesn't mean you forget him - just that you go on.

God Bless you.

o

Oh no, dear Jamie...my heart aches for you. Hope you know we are all here for you every day.

Blessings and hugs,

Lana

o

Sending you and Lance special thoughts and prayers. It sure isn't easy when you lose someone you love so very much.

o

(((Jammie))) I wish we could all physically be there to hold and comfort you.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss, my prayers going up for you and Lance!

Deb

o

Jamie, my heart goes out to you and Lance. Please know that you have a lot of love and prayers coming to you. God Bless you and bring you peace.

o

Jamie, I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news. Good thoughts and prayers go out to you and Lance.

o

Oh, Jamie, my heart goes out to you at this time, and at all the others you have had the strength to get through. Peace to you.

o

Ohh Jamie, I am soo sorry for your loss xoxox I can only imagine how you are feeling but remember you do have us to "talk" to when you need it. I remember well when you lost Rachel and I know they are reunited in heaven together. I will keep you in my thoughts, you have my deepest condolences ~ liz

o

So sorry to hear this sad news. Its heartbreaking. At least he passed peacefully and you told him it was OK to be with Rachel. I'm sure it gave him much comfort that you did this. Take care of yourself. Remember-what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Things will get better eventually, please believe this.

o

So very sorry for your loss Jamie. My heart goes out to you and Lance.

o

(((Jamie))) you're in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. I'm very sorry.

o

Deepest sympathy, Jamie. Take some comfort that he went quickly, in peace, with your blessing in his heart.

How is you own health faring? Can you let others take some of the burden of making arrangements now?

o

What a horrible experience, Jamie, to lose one's most beloved and best friend ... one feels as though the lights had just gone out.

May you find some comfort as you relate to family, loved ones and friends through the difficult days ahead, remembering the many things that were part of your lives together.

And may you find peace building quietly in your heart, trusting that things are well with him and Rachel ... and may they become well with you and Lance, also.

(((((Jamie and Lance)))))

ole joyful

o

My sincere sympathy. Praying for strength and comfort for you and Lance.

o

Jamie, I rarely cry when I see these posts, although I always feel sympathy for the poster. But your post made me cry. To me, it is so obvious that your dear husband heard you lovingly release him to go and be at peace. My heart goes out to you and Lance. I pray for strength to see you through the days that come.

o

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you.

o

So sorry for your loss. May God give you the strength in the tough times ahead.

Sheryl

o

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers added to the
others for comfort and strength in the coming days.

o

Oh Jamie! I am so sorry. My sympathies. You and your family have been in my prayers, and will continue to be so.

Tami

o

Jamie, my sincere condolences to you and Lance - I am so sorry to hear of your loss and pray you will find the strength to cope in this difficult time.

o

My heartfelt sympathy for your loss. I know exactly what you are going through. It's a huge loss for you but he is free of his suffering. Things will get better over time.

o

I am so sorry Jamie and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

o

What awful news. Sorry for your tremendous loss. Prayers to you and Lance and I wish you both the strength to carry on as well as you can in these tough times. You are one strong lady with everything you've been through!!!!!

o

"You saw him through this, and completed your marriage vows.
A job well done."

Such wonderful words from Monica.

I don't post very often but wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.

o

My prayers are with you. It is always hard to loose a loved one but during the holidays it hurts so much more. He is at peace & in no more pain, take comfort in that.

o

Jamie, I am so sorry you lost another family member. You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart breaks for you and all you have had to endure just seems so unfair. Hugs to you, and I hope you will be able to find some joy in your life again in the very near future.

o

I'm sorry for your loss; thoughts and prayers for you and Lance. Love never ends.

o

I am so sorry to hear this, Jamie LA. My prayers are with you and your family. ~ Caroline

o

Jamie....I can not begin to understand the hardships you have felt in life in recent years. They say "God only gives you what you can handle"....but I can't imagine God doing this a a family.
My heart aches for you...I have no words of wisdom, just a shoulder that would listen.
I am so very very sorry.

o

Dearest Jamie, so much heartache you've endured. Please know so many people are holding you in thought & prayers.
May God keep you close in his heart.

o

(((((hugs)))) to you and Lance. My heart breaks for you both.
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Ausilia

o

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss.
My deepest sympathy.

o

Jaime, I'm so sorry for your loss! It seems so unfair. Just know that we are all thinking and praying for you and Lance to get through this.

Light a candle for him at the Christmas table and remember all the goods things about your lives together.

o

Jamie, I whole heartily empathize with you. I almost didn't reply to your post, but I kept coming back, knowing that I needed to.

My DH lost his battle against cancer on December 16th., 30 years ago this coming Sunday. He was 62.

I had not made any preparations for Christmas at that time. Three days before Christmas I picked up my 2 grandchildren and we put up the tree and went Christmas shopping. I some how knew that if I didn't have Christmas that year I would never have Christmas again, and that was not fair to my family. My neighbor called when she saw the tree lights on, and told me that I had just made her Christmas. We did have a Christmas, but no, it was not as usual. We continue on, as he would have wanted us to. DD and I talked this morning about our plans for this year. Those two Grands are now grown and have jobs and in-laws that have to be worked into my schedule, or mine into theirs.

It is still very hard, I'm tearing up as I type, but I wish for you strength as you move on, knowing that we are not in control of these things, but moving on with memories that never die.

I hope you and Lance will be able to celebrate Christmas this year and many more years to come.

Blessings,

Sue

o

Jamie, I'm so sorry. Many prayers sent your way. Trust in God during this extremely difficult time. He will sustain you.

o

Jamie, I am so sorry for your loss; please accept my sympathy and prayers. Take comfort that you were with him and be glad he's in a better place.

o

Jamie, I'm so sorry for your loss! Please know that you and Lance are in everyone's thoughts and prayers. (((Jamie)))

o

Jamie, I am so sorry to hear this. I wish I knew somethimg to say to help ease your pain. I will be thinking and praying for you and Lance. Please take care of yourself and hang in there.

o

Jamie, please accept my sincere condolences. I am so, so sorry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here