Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
inexpensive stocking stuffer

Posted by bengardening (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 19:29

I tried to include these in my Christmas cards to the KTers and the post office wouldn't mail them They said they were too thick. SO I had to take them out. If you google BUTTON AND PAPER CLIP BOOKMARK you will see what they are. I had bought these cute lady bug buttons and I could't even send them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: inexpensive stocking stuffer

You could have sent it first class but it would have cost more.

o

Awwww, I would have loved to have gotten a homemade goodie like that, BG. What a shame. (on the post office ,not you!)

o

thank you thank you those are so sweet!!

o

I'm surprised that they didn't let them go in the mail.
They don't look all that thick. Too bad they wouldn't have hand-sorted them.

They sure are cute!

o

I send things that are thick or bulky all the time, they charge an extra 20 cents for them as they are non-machinable. A lot of my things have shank buttons on them, which are super thick.

Maybe you should try a different post office. I can't imagine anyone saying something can't be mailed.

o

"I send things that are thick or bulky all the time, they charge an extra 20 cents for them as they are non-machinable. "

That is my experience also.
The Post Office will mail anything... even a coconut that is addressed!

o

See the link below for the size and restrictions on First Class Letters, Flats (ie Large Envelopes or padded mailers), and Parcels.

Being and old 'seed trader' I became quite familiar with the regulations.

I can't imagine anyone saying something can't be mailed.
Yes, about 'anything' can be mailed, provided one is willing to pay the required (or additional) postage for what is being sent.

Here is a link that might be useful: Physical Standards for First Class Mail

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here