Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tis also the season...

Posted by hounds_x_two (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 18:54

for colds and flu!

What are your tried and true remedies that make you feel better when you have a yucky cold/flu?

I believe in fresh ginger and lemon tea with a little honey.

This post was edited by hounds_x_two on Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 3:10

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tis also the season...

Been taking C forever and ever.

Believer in Airborne when I feel one coming on or take it as a preventive measure when I am going places that I might be susceptible.

o

I too take Airborne and got my flu shot.

Sue

o

Vitamin C and if I even suspect I've come in contact with someone who has a cold, I double up on it.

o

Hand washing and keeping your hands away from my eyes works for me.

o

Hand washing and vitamin C. Change the hand towels frequently, or just put out paper towels too.

o

Vitamin C for sure and flu shot.

o

Flu shot -- pneumonia shot too if you haven't had one before. Wash your hands often -- ALWAYS, first thing when returning home. Don't touch your face.

I think it is unproven that vitamins aid in a medical sense, but if you believe they do...they do!

I've sometimes chewed a bit of candied ginger to settle a sick tummy. Tea is always good. Honey...not sure about that. If you're taking any antibiotics, counteract them with some probiotics to restore the good bugs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here